Just have a look at this: SongSmith.

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Nic du Toit

Post by Nic du Toit »

Hey guys and gals,

SongSmith generates musical accompaniment to match a singer’s voice or instrument. Just choose a musical style, sing into your PC’s microphone, and Songsmith will create backing music for you. Then share your songs with your friends and family, post your songs online, or create your own music videos.

FIND IT HERE:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/ ... index.html
Karlis Abolins

Post by Karlis Abolins »

Songsmith incorporates technology owned by PGMusic. PGMusic sells a product near and dear to our hearts - BIAB.

Karlis
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

that's as soulful as a night of bad karaoke! something about it strikes an evil chord.

kinda like, gee..if i'd have just waited til now, i wouldn't have waisted a whole lifetime of living, learning, and enjoying music.... darn!

i think buddy emmons should interview you touting the benefits of this nifty little masterpiece maker.
Don Wright

It is borderline creepy but...

Post by Don Wright »

If it gets more folks singing and sparks their interest in music, I don't see any problem with it.
And it's certainly better than "Guitar Hero" etc. And, unlike karaoke, it won't put musicians out of work. In fact, more of the 'Karaoke Krowd' can now stay at home singing into their 'Songsmiths'.
1940 Vega Double 8, 1 Bakelite and 1 Metal Rickenbacher, Oahu Tonemaster. '66 Fender Twin, Bogner Alchemist and vintage Baldwin amplifier.