Case for Vintage MSA S12

Post here if you're looking for something special
Jim Palenscar

Case for Vintage MSA S12

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Wanted. Thanks. This is for "the last MSA never built". When I opened up the shop 2 1/2 years ago I purchased all the old MSA parts that were left over from the previous iteration of MSA that were left in Reece's attic including a 12 string cabinet, changer parts, keyhead, etc. and have been working on this guitar on and off since that time and finally finished it yesterday- just like the one I bought in 1976- great memories.
Last edited by Jim Palenscar on 10 Jan 2009 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don Wright

MSA case on eBay for $40

Post by Don Wright »

Jim - There is an MSA pedal steel case for sale on eBay, item number 120329565184. Looks like as sd-10 or 12 case and it's only $40, not a bad deal if it will work for you. I am not affiliated with the auction in any way, I just thought you might want to check it out.
Also, I hope to visit your store and meet you when I am in your area during the 2009 NAMM show next week.
1940 Vega Double 8, 1 Bakelite and 1 Metal Rickenbacher, Oahu Tonemaster. '66 Fender Twin, Bogner Alchemist and vintage Baldwin amplifier.
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

Hey Jim, if you're still looking for a case, I have one in fair shape. I can take some pictures and send them to you if you want.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Thanks for the info., Don, however the guitar is 35" and the case listed is 34" so must be for 10 string. I look forward to seeing you this next weekend- I'll hopefully be closing a bit early on Sat. to get to the NAMM show as well.
Anthony Minstein

Case For MSA 12

Post by Anthony Minstein »

Hey Jim,

Check out the attached link:

http://www.casesbysource.com/product/pc-1700/5632

I also have an MSA 12 and my case is in kind of beat condition. I have purchased cases from these guys before and have been very pleased with the quality and service.

I was checking the other day to see if they had something to replace my case and thought this might work.

You'd have to curt the foam for the guitar legs and pedals...let me know if you do buy it how well it fits.

Anthony
Carter S10 Professional
JazzKat Solid State Amp
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

I make them new (light weight)if anyone is interested. www.hattoncases.com
This is a heavy guitar. I make them with wheels and a spring handle also. Split sets to lighten the load by 22 pounds. I just made a set for a customer.