Buckaroo - Greg Cutshaw

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Greg Cutshaw

Buckaroo - Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Here's a straight forward version of Buckaroo played on a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. The middle steel verse is an MSA Legend, Goodrich pot pedal, Boss RV-5 and Fender Steel King. I set my amp up a bit differently for the last few songs: EQ tilt 12:00, Treble 2:00, Mid-Level 2:30, Mid Freq 2:30, Bass 1:00, Pad Switch on Normal. More shrill on the high strings but much clearer on the lower ones. No pick blocking, just palm blocking.

Buckaroo in wma format

Buckaroo in mp3 streaming format

Buckaroo rhythm track

Greg
Roger Foreman

Post by Roger Foreman »

Great job Greg--- my hat is off to you---- thanks for posting---- brings back great memories---- Roger
Mike Poholsky

Post by Mike Poholsky »

Greg, I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this Forum. You provide tons of great learning tools for inexperienced and experienced players alike. I'm working on some stuff for Buckaroo because we play it in my band. You just made the whole process better. Thanks!!!
Zumsteel 12 Universal
SGBB
ShoBud VP
'64 Fender Twin Reverb/Fox Rehab
Fender Steel King w/BW 1501-4
FX to Taste
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

Hey Greg, thanks buddy, I been wanting that track for ages. We used to play Buckaroo for a break tune. Of course we did it at twice that speed but it was always a fun ditty to play. You play it well!

JW
Show Pro D10, Session 400
Charles Dempsey

Post by Charles Dempsey »

Tres cool!

Did you tab it?

Charlie
Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Cool job,Greg. 8)
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Roger, I'm not sure too many modern players will recognize these tunes or be carrying them on, at least in the USA. It seems that classical and bluegrass players do mostly older tunes, but then their audience has dropped off too (ignoring the BG festivals).

Mike, I hope you like the stops in this song. I repeated them twice to break up the monotony.

Jim, my guitar playing skills just don't cut it at any higher speeds than this. I did have a verse with the steel and guitar in harmony but adding it in made the song a bit long. TWICE as fast?????

Charles, I can tab out the steel parts if you want to have a go at them. I figured most people would have some fun with the rhythm track and roll their own.

James, thanks for the "cool" comment. Up here in the winter, we just have too much time on our hands and tunes like this are the result.

I opened up the Fender Squier Classic Vibe Tele today and it seems as nice as the Vibe Strat. Much straighter neck and more sustain than the Fender American Standard and infinitely more playable than any of the other MIM Squiers, Rondos or Schecters that I have. Maybe this is a good time to buy these before they raise the prices or somehow end up lowering the quality?

Greg
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

Greg, maybe not twice as fast but we did it in the neighborhood of 220 BPM when it was being played as a introduction or break tune.

JW
Show Pro D10, Session 400