Fessy Owners - What Brand of Strings Do You Use?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Barker

Fessy Owners - What Brand of Strings Do You Use?

Post by David Barker »

In the market for some new strings and was wondering what brand everyone is using? I have the SIT Show-Buds right now, was thinking about trying a different brand. Suggestions?
FoxMod-NV112,Boss DD6, [Guitars] PRS, Fender, Martin, Ovation [Keys] Hammond, Yamaha, Korg, Roland [Sound] Mackie, Crown, TC Helicon, Behringer, JBL, Alesis
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I've used Jagwires and Geo Ls on my Fessies. Like 'em both.
David Barker

Post by David Barker »

Thanks Jim.... Yeah I was looking at the artist series Jagwire strings, either the Tommy White(nickel) or John Hughey(stainless steel).

Thought I'd ask to see what everyone is using now, and which brand of strings they seem to like best....
FoxMod-NV112,Boss DD6, [Guitars] PRS, Fender, Martin, Ovation [Keys] Hammond, Yamaha, Korg, Roland [Sound] Mackie, Crown, TC Helicon, Behringer, JBL, Alesis
Ron Bryson

Post by Ron Bryson »

Jagwire..
Russ Hicks
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

GHS and Jagwire
Larry Weaver

Post by Larry Weaver »

I've been buying Jagwires from b0b. Always have been happy with them on both of my Fessys'.

-L
Walter Haynes

Strings

Post by Walter Haynes »

David, I have used them all and Jaywires are the best period! Jaywires last much longer and I have not broken a third on E9th since I have been using them. Try a set of my Series--Walter Haynes by jaywire i think you will like them. Thanks my friend and good luck!!!

Walter Haynes
walterhaynes@rocketmail.com
David Barker

Post by David Barker »

Everyone that responded, thanks for all your input. Guess Jagwire are the popular choose for Fessy guitars. Guess I'll order a couple sets from b0b.