Steel Player with Dwight Yoakim?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Cisco

Steel Player with Dwight Yoakim?

Post by John Cisco »

I got to see Dwight and the band in Las Vegas this past week at the Palms for a private party on the rooftop. Great show! Fantastic! The steel player also played a number of other instruments but only played steel on a few. Anyone know who that is? On the D sings B album it says Josh Grange and Dwight did say this band had been touring for a while with him. :?
Last edited by John Cisco on 22 Jun 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
John P. Cusack a.k.a John Cisco
Carter D-10, Profex II, Fender Steel King

*Small change can often be found under seat cushions in taxicabs*
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Josh would probably be Dwight's road steeler. Gary Morse was with Dwight until 2003 when he got the job playin' steel for Dierks Bentley.

Brett
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

It was Josh. He's got some time off from KD Lang.
He and I have been tag-teaming with DY lately.
John Cisco

Man what a great show

Post by John Cisco »

You've got a great gig there....you are really lucky. It's the first time seeing Dwight live and I gotta say it rocked. No bull, no fluff, more than an hour and a half of great music. He won over a very mixed audience (it was a trade show party) and pleased everyone. Wow!
John P. Cusack a.k.a John Cisco
Carter D-10, Profex II, Fender Steel King

*Small change can often be found under seat cushions in taxicabs*
Joshua Grange

Post by Joshua Grange »

Hi John,
Yes, we played at the Palms this past week. It was about 150 degrees out when we got there. Africa hot. I was using the Fender 800 I got from Mike Headrick, and after it got used to the heat it stayed in tune pretty well.
I've been touring with kd lang this year and we have a couple weeks off before our European leg, which coincided with a few Dwight gigs. I toured with him in 2005-06, and we recorded the Dwight Sings Buck album in late 2006.( I used that same Fender guitar on that record...)
The Palms show was special because the very same band that toured for those two years happened to be free for that one night, so it was a tight-Dwight-night, I guess you could say...
People who've never seen Dwight live before are pretty darn impressed at what an amazing singer he is, and how high energy his shows are. He's one of a kind for sure...!