OLD FINGERS WANTED!

Post here if you're looking for something special
David Petschulat

OLD FINGERS WANTED!

Post by David Petschulat »

No, I'm not a cannibal...

I want some old fingers, finger assemblies, changer parts, etc so i can look real closely at how they work. Wrap-arounds, push-pull, anything.

I DON'T NEED OR EVEN WANT FULL SETS - ONSIE-TWOSIES FINE!

I'm a tinkerer and just want to see how each style works.

Bent, broken, worn, corroded, etc. is just what i'm looking for.
(Wish I were Rusty!)
Harvey Richman

BMI changer fingers

Post by Harvey Richman »

Hello David, might have what you are looking for. I have a 70s BMI with the older "pin" type fingers. Two of the pins broke and I ordered a new set of of the newer style slotted fingers from BMI (double raise/lower). The old and new ones are exactly the same except for the new ones having slots cut in them instead of using the roll pins. I slotted the two fingers with the broken pins to use temporarily. They do work but the windings of the strings come up just a little high. Let me know if you need more info or a pic. How about $25 for two of them shipped (assuming you're in the continental U.S.).
Thanks and Best Regards
Harvey Richman
Harvey Richman

Duh!

Post by Harvey Richman »

Yes, Tennessee is in the continental U.S. (last time I looked). Not as quick as I used to be. Pretty close to GA. so make it $20 shipped.
Regards
Harvey Richman
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

The Carter Steel guitar website has an illustration
of all-pull and push-pull mechanisms and how they
work.
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

David Petschulat

Harvey - sure, i'll take those oldies - how do you want the $20? paypal? check? cod? let me know. i'll send a private message to your forum messages with mailing address...
(Wish I were Rusty!)
David Petschulat

Paul - yes, i've looked at those. they were helpful but nothing beats hands-on - thx...

i'm still hoping to find some more for variety. surely guys out there who repair have some cheap & useless old trashed parts.
(Wish I were Rusty!)
Harvey Richman

Thanks David

Post by Harvey Richman »

Hi David and thanks. Now I'll have to get off my butt and install that new set of slotted fingers I ordered. They've been waiting for about six months. I'll get back to you via email.
Regards
Harvey
David Petschulat

Let me know when you get 'em going...

Everybody else: i'm still looking for other types of old bent, broken, worn-out CHANGER parts!
(Wish I were Rusty!)
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

David, I seldom look at this section of the Forum. I suspect many others do the same. Why don't you frame your question in a different manner, and post it in the Pedal Steel section? I'll bet you'll reach a lot more people! The worst thing that could happen is that b0b might move it back here! But that's why I suggest takin' a slightly different approach such as, "I want to learn about changers."