Lexicon (mx )200 tips/settings

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tim Greene

Lexicon (mx )200 tips/settings

Post by Tim Greene »

Sorry on 1st post I stated it was a mpx in error.Its a mx 200 My old boss delay quit working. I got one of these lex units to use as a replacement.I found some settings which are good at home but where we do our weekend gig it seemed like it was way too much effect and between some programs there was a tone change.Whats the best program to use or modify for steel.I tried to set up just a delay that was close to what I had on the boss but havent dialed it in yet.Any advice would help Thanks
Last edited by Tim Greene on 25 Jul 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

I use a Lexicon Alex, so I don't know if these settings apply to your unit. I like the #10 Vocal
Plate setting preset, except increase the one that
is set at 5 to 8. This works for me on about anything that comes up. Set the input at slightly
less than straight up. Output straight up.
Ron Randall

MX200 Lexicon

Post by Ron Randall »

Hi Tim

MX200 Lexicon. I also noticed changes in tone as I tried differnt efx. I don't like that.
I do like and use, everyday,Factory setting 1.
This is the reverb and delay. I set the two knobs on the left at 12 oclock. I then save it to user 1.
I use the digital delay and I fiddle with the tap tempo knob until I get about 500ms with one repeat with delay knob at 12 oclock. Then I turn the delay knob to 9 0clock. This gives me about 250 to 300 ms.

For Reverb, I use the Large HAll, I set the predelay to about 12ms and the decay time to taste. Then fiddle with the knobs till it sounds right.
From here I can use both, adjust both or bypass, just by touching buttons.
That is as far as I go with it. When the venue changes I adjust the two blend knobs on the left to increase/reduce the amount of the effect. Sometimes it is best for me to bypass reverb and use a slight delay.

I don't even wanna mess with the other 98 presets.

Be sure to read the part about the Routing of the Signals. YOu have 4 choices, and it is darn important to get that right...according to the gear you are using.
Tim Greene

Post by Tim Greene »

Thanks Ron i will try setting 1 as you suggest.Hopefully that will work.What sounds good at home doesnt work on stage.There are a ton of settings that I could use its just a matter of finding and fine tuning them Tim
John Daugherty

Post by John Daugherty »

The MX 200 and MPX 200 are two different creatures.
The MPX 200 doesn't allow much variation in the settings without programing it.
You could try the delay and edit the time to about 150ms and a level that sounds good. Then you could program and store several variations of level. That would allow you to change the "mix" by stepping to a different program.
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

Tim, There are so many settings and you can tweek each one to your liking so I can't help you there but I would like to tell a quick story about using the wrong power supply.

I was setting up in my music room and grabbed the wrong power supply by accident. It fit so I didn't think anything about it being the wrong one. When I turned everything on I had a TERRIBLE hum and no musical output. I tried differnt cords and even amps. Same hum. Just before sending it of to be fixed I read the book and it said to use only the Harmon power supply provided. I checked and sure nuff I had the wrong power supply. Hooked up the right one and Bingo I am back in bussines.

Just a little story that might come in handy some day for you or some other Lexicon user
Keep pickin', Larry