best compact reverb delay pedal for PSG.

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dennis Detweiler

Post by Dennis Detweiler »

Atlantic Nux for an all-in-one.
For a two pedal, MXR Carbon Copy analog delay and TC Electronic Hall Of Fame reverb.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.
Alex Cattaneo

Post by Alex Cattaneo »

Another suggestion: Alexander Pedals Sky5000.
Ivan Posa

Sesh 400 pedal.

Post by Ivan Posa »

Here is my final minimalist set up. Sounds fantastic with my ZUM SD10 Hybrid.
Sesh 400 pedal, Nux Atlantic Reverb Delay pedal and a Peterson StroboStomp HD pedal using the SE9 tuning map. Very small and portable in its case and lacks nothing sound wise. I must say that TC knocked it out of the park with the Sesh 400 pedal. The Nux unit is inexpensive and very good. Just the Steel in its SKB case, a Packa seat and a TC Furlong Split powered speaker along with the Preamp case and its all go, very light simple and the sound leaves nothing to be desired.
Bill Duncan

Post by Bill Duncan »

Keely Caverns. Great control of reverb and delay, prive is reasonable as well.
You can observe a lot just by looking
John Larson

Post by John Larson »

I use one of these on my synthesizer.
Very versatile DSP based unit.

It was very reasonable compared to the strymon stuff when I got it but that was pre chip shortage so IDK what they cost now.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
Dave Stagner

Post by Dave Stagner »

I think reverb pedals are as varied and interesting as overdrives, so I like having several to choose from, and appreciating the uniqueness of each. I have four that I use regularly (with guitar, not just steel), and they all sound very different from each other:

- Caroline Meteore
- Neunaber WET (very old mono version)
- Alexander Sky-Fi
- Source Audio Ventris

The Ventris is the “good” one, by the standards of pure, transparent, highly programmable reverb, not to mention $$$. It gets used the least. I use the Caroline Meteore with steel, and it’s by far the gnarliest and explicitly lo-fi. It works kind of like a slapback delay in front of a spring reverb, but it’s dirtier. I’m after a Buddy Cage/Jerry Garcia sort of 1970s honky-tonk aggressive tone, so it’s perfect. Someone who wants something clean and polished should definitely not use the Meteore!

I also really like the WET, and would happily use it for steel if not for the Meteore. As I’ve said elsewhere, it sounds like it’s IN your tone rather than ON your tone. And it’s only two knobs, very simple.

I use the Sky-Fi the most with guitar. It’s not so good with steel. It’s a modern-sounding but kinda lo-fi reverb/delay combo. It has a really good shimmer, and a sort of feedback thing when you hold the button down.

At any rate, different reverb pedals are a great way to explore different tones! And don’t get sucked in by the promises of clean and transparent, unless that’s really what you’re after. Just like we don’t always want a perfectly clean amp or speaker.
I don’t believe in pixie dust, but I believe in magic.

1967 ZB D-10
Recording King lap steel with Certano benders