Mary Scott

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Rick Troyer

Mary Scott

Post by Rick Troyer »

So sorry to hear of Mary’s passing, she was such a kind and special lady! Our deepest condolences to the family from myself and the entire staff at Hummingbird Music
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

My condolences to you, Michael and the Scott family, I had the pleasure of meeting Mary and DeWitt years ago when they made the trek to Norwalk for the PSGA shows. I didn't know them well, but appreciated their contributions to the steel guitar community, which are unrivaled.

My younger brother even went to the store in St Louis on a business trip and got me a few items, which I really appreciated immensely.

My friend Chris Templeton sent this to me to post and also this great picture of your mom and dad with the 'Big E'and Peggy.

"I wish the Scott family well during this mourning period for Mary.
Thank you, Mary, for the fond memories and all you and your family have done for steel guitar players and lovers of the steel guitar around the globe". Chris Templeton

Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Condolences to the Scott family on your loss. I used to see Mary at the shows all the time. It was always a pleasant experience to visit with here.

I like what someone printed somewhere in one of the programs labeling her as "Mary, Queen of Scotts"