Event 20/20 V2 reviews?

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ken Williams

Event 20/20 V2 reviews?

Post by Ken Williams »

I have my eye on a pair of Event 20/20 V2 passive monitors for my home recording setup. They cost around $300. If anyone has these monitors or has had experience with them, any feedback, either positive or negative, would be appreciated. Or, if anyone knows of a better value for $300, please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Ken
Craig Stenseth

Post by Craig Stenseth »

Ken,
I have had a set of passive Event 20/20's for a few years (they must be the v1 or something). They suit my needs pretty well (occasional home recording, also being used to listen to my stereo in the same room).
My only complaints are that I still sound like me, and they are not self-dusting.

I think I paid the same price you mentioned. I bought them along with a Hafler 100w power amp at Guitar Center. The first amp (since exchanged) made a popping noise and smoke came out, so I'm not 100% sold on THAT brand. Maybe active monitors are better, who knows. I figure I'm saving one A/C outlet out of however many I'm using in that room...
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Hi, Ken, I used Event 20/20's for several years with good results. As with any monitor, you have to learn their shortcomings, compare your mixes on many other systems, and get to "know" them. When I went to active studio monitors, I put them up in soffits in the control room since I've gotten so familiar with the sound. If you get a chance, check out the newer active Event models, some very good sounding monitors.