recording video from you tube to dvd

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Alley

recording video from you tube to dvd

Post by David Alley »

Is there an program that let you convert video from you tube to dvd.
Donny Dennis

Post by Donny Dennis »

David, there is a program called Quivic from Wide Angle Software that will capture You Tube video to Standard WMV Format, Cell Phone Format, iPOD Format, or PSP Format. There is a demo version that you can download from the Wide Angle Software site but it only downloads the first 30 seconds of a video. The full version costs $19.99. Using Quivic I was able to download/convert a couple of You Tube videos to a directory on my PC to Standard WMV Format .wmv with no problem. I was then able to do go the directory in which the video was saved, and view it on my PC. However, using several DVD producing software programs including ULead, Adobe Premiere Elements, and Pinnacle Studio Plus version 9.4.3, I was unable to burn the video to a DVD. However, a possible work-around is to set up a camcorder in front of your PC, and then go to the directory where the video in .wmv format is saved, and double click on it. This will bring it up in Windows Media Player, and it will automatically start playing. Next press Alt and Enter at the same time to view the video full-screen on your PC. Next restart the video to the beginnning, and then press the record button on your camcorder to start recording. After you have recorded the video to your camcorder you can then download it from your camcorder to a directory of your choosing on your PC. Then using DVD producing software such as those mentioned above you should be able to burn the video to a DVD. If you happen to find a better way please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Donny
Donny Dennis

Post by Donny Dennis »

David, the Wide Angle Software web site address is:

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/

Donny
David Alley

Post by David Alley »

Thanks for the reply. This will be helpful. I just want to copy from you tube so I can use in a portable Cd player. Thanks again for the reply.
basilh

Post by basilh »

By far the best way that I've tried is
Tubesock
David Alley

Post by David Alley »

Thanks Basilh for the reply I'll try this and see if I like to Thanks again
Donny Dennis

Post by Donny Dennis »

I downloaded/installed the demo version of TubeSock, and attempted several times to 1) save a YouTube video for Windows Media Player, and 2) to be added to My Videos folder. Each time it saved the video with an .asf file extension. I would like to save it to a file format that will allow me to burn it to a DVD that I can view on my television via a DVD player.

Donny
basilh

Post by basilh »

You can set it in the parameters to save as mp4 Video
Did you wait for it to complete the conversion ?
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Basilh, what is the quality of the conversion ?

thanks

tp
Donny Dennis

Post by Donny Dennis »

Basilh, in the TubeSock demo version 1.0.6 there are no parameters to save as mp4 Video. The only parameters are to save as:

Video for iPod
" " iPhone
" " PSP
" " Treo
" " Windows Mobile
" " Windows Media Player
" " Flash (FLV)
Audio only (MP3)

and Add to: iTunes
" " My Documents folder
" " " Videos "
" " " Music "
" " Desktop

Which version are you using?

Donny
basilh

Post by basilh »

I have the fully implemented version, so I don't know about the limitations of the "demo" one.

Tony, the quality is equal to the source video, AFAIK.

Alan Kirk

Post by Alan Kirk »

This one's free:

http://keepvid.com/

Works for me. Simply drag the icon from the above page to your bookmarks bar, then, when you are accessing a YouTube page, click the icon. Wait for the keepvid page to load, then click on the "download" link. After the video is downloaded, you have to rename it and give it an .flv (flash video) extension.
Everyone in the world has two jobs: 1) whatever they do for a living; and 2) music critic.