Steve Palousek's "NEW" CD

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

bill dearmore

Steve Palousek's "NEW" CD

Post by bill dearmore »

Hey Gang check out Steve's new CD listed in the "For Sale" music section of the forum. It's truly "Out of Sight" and Buddy had some nice things to say about Steve and the CD on the liner notes. WOW! See ya later,...Bill
Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener

Post by Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener »

Bill I agree, Steve is a World Class Player. If you want to hear some samples of his new cd go here www.awesomeworksrecording.com and check it out. And Buddy likes him too. :D
Fuzzy
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

you all really must check out the website and take a listen to the clips...

and like I said in another thread, you better sit down while listening..this has the makings of a great CD.

t
Last edited by Tony Prior on 1 Jul 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wade

steve palousek's gear p.s.g &amp?

Post by Paul Wade »

bill and randy,

do you know what type of gear steve plays thru. p.s.g/amp. i have two of his vhs tapes and he is playing a emmons lagrand? does he still play a emmons
and what is his set up....

paul wade :)
Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener

Post by Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener »

Paul, I've known Steve since the early 80's he took my place with a band called Stage Company that I had played with for 6 years and was ready to do something different. This was his first pro gig he was 17 or 18 and had just finished high school a month earlier. At that time he played a PP emmons, the last time I heared him live he was playing a Legrand about 2 yrs. ago. I cant immagine Steve playing anything but an Emmons, thats all Ive ever known him to play. Im not sure about the amp he is using now I've only seen him use Peaveys. Great player no matter what he uses. I want to break his fingers 8)
Fuzzy
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

That sounds like an Emmons to me; and I've never heard better. I think that's the only way I can describe his music.
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Well, that's another CD I have to get. Great playing
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

My copy came in the mail today...

I don't know Steve but I'm thinking we may have to break his feet and fingers to slow him down ..

"Let the Games Begin" is a great CD , not just the playing, but the recording , the qualty, the whole deal...excellent choice of tunes...

tp
bill dearmore

Post by bill dearmore »

Bump please
jerry harkins

Post by jerry harkins »

I ordered mine and can't wait to get it!

Jerry
ken collins

Post by ken collins »

I'm guessing Steve, who has always played Emmons, is playing a Zum on this. Ken
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

I got my copy and it is killer...:)
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

The pickin' ain't over til Steve has played. Jody.
Paul King

Steve

Post by Paul King »

Those samples are great. I saw Steve at the ISGC several years ago and he sure impressed me.
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

I heard from a good source that he did it on an Emmons. Maybe someone down in Texas can tell us about the amp he used.
Larry Lorows

Post by Larry Lorows »

i called to order it, but no one answered. How does he get that clean bottom, man that's good. I don't usually get too excited over some one's tone, but Steve sure has what I want to hear. I also like the way his intros aren't the same as every body's. He's really thinking outside the box. Larry
U12 Williams keyless 400
Vegas 400, Nashville 112, Line 6 pod xt
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

I ordered mine with PAYPAL then called and left a message to confirm payment. I received a phone call a few hours later confirming payment by a nice gal who also told me the CD was already in the mail.

I have been listening for about a week now..

According to the liner notes, Steve is also the Guitar player on this CD, very fine player as well, on par with his Steel playing..

tp
Justin Griffith

Post by Justin Griffith »

I shouldn't speak for Steve but I was over there while he was recording this.
He used his new LeGrande III, George l's cables, Hilton pedal, Stereo Steel preamp, TC Electronics G major, Peavey Tubefex (on Some tracks)Direct into his board.

I will try again to get him to answer himself, but he is very busy and not very internet savvy.

Justin
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

How would like to show up for a sub steel gig, get your stuff setup and then find out that Steve P. is the guitar player for the night?????

It happened to me a while back... I'm sure after he heard both my licks about 10 times each he was ready to hit me on the head and take over, but he couldn't have been more friendly. That said, I bet he was cringing inside :)

He's a really easy going guy, and I actually had a good time.. he's also plays pretty good guitar BTW.
Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"
Justin Griffith

Post by Justin Griffith »

Whatever Bill. You play great. I admit I would be nervous too, but Steve is not like that.
Justin
Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

I received my copy today and I only ordered it 3 days ago. Steve is not slow in business either. As for the CD, SP plays like we all wish we could. His command of the instrument boggles the mind and his playing is so tasteful. When I heard him years ago with Gene Watson, I had no idea he was such a monster with picks and a bar in his hands. His rendition of the "Shadow of Your Smile" on a previous project is still one of my faves. I only wish he had put it on CD instead of cassette. I could get carried to new height listening to this great talent. I say, "Buy this CD."
Billy Carr
Restricted

CD

Post by Billy Carr »

Listened to the clips and just ordered my copy with PayPal. Great tone and execution. I hear a lot of the Big E influence on some of the C6th cuts. That's a plus,as always. Fine CD to add to my collection!
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Steve IS a great guitar player...he and I were Cherokee Cowboys together about 20 years ago and I made the grave mistake of letting him pick up my Telecaster one day...bad enough he could smoke me on steel...come to find out he could do it on electric too!He is one of the great ones...I haven't heard his new record,but I have no doubt it is as great as anything else he's done...good luck with it,Stevo!
Bill Simmons

Great Player -- Great Prankster

Post by Bill Simmons »

I have to order his new CD!!!

A couple years ago I was the electric guitar for the TX Opry Band with Albert Talley on steel. Our band always played for the 3-5 opening acts. The guest this night was the great Ray Price with Steve P. on steel playing his blue Emmons LeGrand II.

As a steel guitarist, he's been one of my top 5 favorite players. I also knew he was one hot electric player and a prankster. I was playing my heart out and Albert nodded for me to do the turn around. Well, I hit my old Tele but there wasn't any sound...I wiggled my cord 3-4 times...looked to see if the light was on my Fender amp...still no sound...hit my amp 4-5 times thinking something came lose...still no power.

Embarrassed since I clean missed my guitar part and the next songand...sweat was not pouring down my face. Albert Talley (band leader) was trying to whisper "Get it fixed fast"...as I turned back to hit my amp again, I heard a bunch of laughter through the dimly lit backstage and I could see Steve just howling and bent over in stitches...then I realized the character had reached through the back curtain and flipped my Standby switch!!

If he had not been playing for Ray Price, I almost went over at the break to hide his cord from his Emmons to his volume pedal...GREAT PERSON -- GREAT PLAYER!!!
Jeff Bradshaw

Post by Jeff Bradshaw »

This disc is superb!!! Sound regards. ..jeff