Bobby Flores has done it again !!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Wade Branch

Bobby Flores has done it again !!

Post by Wade Branch »

Guys, Bobby Flores has a new album out,its called "Neon Nights"

I just got it this weekend and I listened to the whole thing continously,I could'nt get out of the truck.Bobby Flores knows how to make a record !!!

What a song selection,how about "Who'll be the first to say (I told you so) or my personal favorite "Case of Sorrow" he does a version of "Make the world go away" that with his vocals will give you goosebumps that you could'nt jump over.

This is a must have for you traditional guys who love Bobby Flores and all those great steel guitarist he uses(Tommy Detamore,Rick Price,Randy Rheinhard,Jim Loessberg and Bobby himself)not to mention the great fiddle work and the string arrangements that he does so well.Jake Hooker on upright bass...enough said.Dave Biller(fellow forum member) on electric guitar,I love the classic old electric guitar intro that was played on "Country Girl" its always amazing how Bobby captures that old vintage sound.

Bobby ,my amigo....You have done it again !!
Last edited by Wade Branch on 2 Jul 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Harr

Post by Tim Harr »

He is one of my ALL TIME favorites.

The feeling and soul in his records is unlike anything I have heard in the last couple of decades!
Bill Miller

Post by Bill Miller »

Thanks for the 'heads up' Wade. Bobby Flores puts out the greatest stuff I've heard in a really long time.
Randy Mason

Post by Randy Mason »

I heard his version of "KEEPER OF MY HEART" and was wondering who played steel on it. I enjoyed it.
Dave Burr

Post by Dave Burr »

Thanks for the heads up Wade!

Randy, I'm pretty sure that was Randy Reinhard on "Keeper of My Heart".
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Bobby has more talent than should be allowed. I'm glad to see someone with his capabillities recording the music I like. Can't wait to hear the new CD.
Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener

Post by Randy (Fuzzy) Whitener »

One of Texas many treasures.
Gordon Borland

Post by Gordon Borland »

I cant wait to hear the cd!!
Did you know you can take steel lessons from Randy Rienhard at Bobbys Bulverde Acadamy of Music?
Bobby is going to be teaching some E9th things himself.
If anyone deserves success it is Bobby. He is one of the hardest working people I know.
Please Buy the CD to enjoy it.
Gordon Borland
MSA D10,1974 Fender twin reverb
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

:) mine arrived today
Mike Gross

Post by Mike Gross »

It is an awesome CD. My review can be found at the top of the "Review" section of my "Swingin' West" web site. www.swinginwest.com
Lots of great steel players on the CD.
Mike
Olaf van Roggen

Post by Olaf van Roggen »

.....Bobby is excellent,Randy Reinhart is my personal favorite...
Check them out in San Marcos;http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJ1SwqfF-8
Wade Branch

Post by Wade Branch »

I cant quit listening to this CD,its awesome !!

Bobby played steel on the song "Who'll be the first to say I told you so" wow,you guys need to check it out.Dont let his monster fiddle playing and vocals fool you into thinking thats all he can do,because there is no end to what this guy can do.His steel playing is second to none.
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

I have just about every CD Bobby has done, and everyone of them is a big hit with me! They are all so good, it's hard to decide which one is a favorite because they ALL are! When it comes to musicians, Bobby has the best of the best on his recordings, and his live performances! You folks in Texas are so lucky to have him there. If I lived there I would never miss a gig! The playing that Tommy Detamore is doing on some of Bobby's CD's is so good that I can't even find the words to describe it. The material on all of Bobby's recordings is country music at its best, and I think that Nashville could learn a lesson or two from the things I'm hearing out of Texas these days. WOW!! This stuff is a musicians "dream come true"!!!
Joey Ace

Great CD

Post by Joey Ace »

I agree with the rave reviews.

The production is so clean and the musicianship excellent.

It's wonderful to hear refreshing new takes on some of the classic standards. "Make The World GO Away" is one of my favorites.

I only wish the print was larger in the insert. That's true of many CDs. I guess I only read it once, but listen many times.

Thanks Bobby.
Mike Gross

Post by Mike Gross »

Joey,

I couldn't agree with you more on CD information. I use this many times for personnel and dates to give to my listeners on the air and sometimes even the background coloring makes it impossible for almost the best eyes to read this information.
Mike
Colby Tipton

Post by Colby Tipton »

Flores, Jones and Straight.
3 Texas Jewels.