Tyler Hall -- Wow!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Doug Earnest

Tyler Hall -- Wow!

Post by Doug Earnest »

Tyler Hall was sitting in with a local group at a night club here in Branson last night. I had met him a few weeks ago at the Branson jam and was quite impressed both by his playing and personality.

This young fella is just overflowing with talent! The band did a Conway number and you would have sworn John Hughey was there...I mean it! We visited a bit later and he said "oh, that crying' stuff is what I really like". Thank heavens!!!! He can play the fast stuff equally well.

It was very nice to hear a younger guy play so well on songs that were already old when he was born. The rest of the band, Kelly and the Kindred Hearts, was pretty darn good too. They did a fine job on a nice selection of songs at a reasonable volume and I didn't see one dirty tee shirt or pair of ripped jeans on the bandstand. If you happen to be in Branson, try to catch them at Beverly's Steakhouse on East 76. It's a nice clean place with excellent food, a friendly staff and reasonably priced beverages.

I just had to put in a plug for people who are still "doing it like it should be done"!
Doug Earnest
Manufacturer of Stage One & Encore pedal steel guitars
http://www.stageonesteelguitars.com
"Teach Your Children Well"
Bernie Gonyea

Terry Hall

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:D
Hi Doug: Any one sounding close to John Hugey, I would enjoy hearing. Any chance of you recording this young man and posting it here for us all to hear?
Conway's son and his son are going to be performing at our local county fair this summer. Anxious to see & hear them. Wish John could be with them; he's one of my favorite steelers.. Bernie :lol:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Danny Bentley

Tyler Hall -- Wow!

Post by Danny Bentley »

I never worry about this instrument dying
with the exceptional talent of young players like Tyler Hall and Eddie Dunlap. Aside from being great players they are also gentlemen. Fear not the steel guitar is in very capable hands.
Play on my friends.
Dan Bentley
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Hey Danny, I've been playing my GFI, known as "Redgold Beauty" at a lot of shows lately, and I love it!

Brett
Danny Bentley

Tyler Hall -- Wow!

Post by Danny Bentley »

Hey Brett, I,m sorry for omitting you on my young players list. Play on my friend.
Dan
David Tunnell

Post by David Tunnell »

Doug,

I agree with you that Tyler is a dandy. You don't find many his age that are as good at playing classic country as he is. He's quite a bit younger than me (I'm 30). Classic country is what I like, and it's good to see some younger folks carrying the torch.

Tyler will be at the Marshfield Steel Guitar show coming up on June 9. Here is a link to the forum's thread on that show:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=106679
Very truly yours,
David T. Tunnell
Alesis QS8; Peavey KB/A 300; Peavey KB5; BMI U-12; Session 500
Tim Bridges

Tyler, email or call me

Post by Tim Bridges »

Tyler, nice to see all the great accolades about you're playing!

Please call, or email me ASAP. There is someone needing a steel track on their CD. Call me and I'll give you the phone number. I'll try your old cell number and see if it works.

Good luck!
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

When I first heard Tyler at the very 1st Alabama Steel Guitar Association Show during Feb. 2006, I said he's got it.

Next, I invited him to come to Missouri and play our very 1st Marshfield Steel Guitar Show on July 1st, 2006. I told everyone watch out, cause your gonna be hearing alot of Tyler. He was a hit with the musicians there and the crowd loved him!

Well, usually the first thing I listen to in player is their tone and how they phrase, and or how they will weave in and out of their playing passages. Tyler's already got great feeling and playing it right. To me, he sounds like he's already been playing for about 25 years and plus. He's easy going and is a nice young man too.

We are very glad he is coming back to play at our 2nd Annual Steel Show on June 9th. If you haven't heard his playing, he has about 4 songs on our very 1st Marshfield Steel Guitar Show 2006 DVD.

As I told the audience last year, the whole world will be hearing Tyler play. I think he's a natural for playing music and especially the steel guitar. I am proud to call him friend!

May GOD bless and we hope to see everyone that can come on June 9th, at the Marshfield MO Jubilee Theater.

Terry Wood
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

We saw Tyler at the Branson Club meeting. His playing was good and he seemed like a very nice young man. He and Austin seemed to get along just fine. Keep up the good work Tyler!!!!!!!!

Donna
Tyler Hall

Thanks guys...

Post by Tyler Hall »

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind (possibly exaggerated) words. Doug the check's in the mail... :lol:

I appreaciate all the comments. I just play what I think should be played. I really dig the old, crying sad country music, and that's what I like to play.

Once again guys, I'm speechless. Thanks for all the kind words and all the support.

Tyler
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

Yeah I've heard Tyler play slow crying stuff.... As "The Kid" would say, "It's enough to bring a tear to a glass eye!"
Show Pro D10, Session 400
Bob Simmons

that'll do

Post by Bob Simmons »

ok,KID, and remember what I told you early on- and keep that darn bar straight unless your playing Jerry Bird!
Doc Rickles

Tyler Hall

Post by Doc Rickles »

Tyler will be the role model for thousands of young steelers. He can play it all. He's a hoot too.
Not hung up on anything but steel and getting better every day. Go Kid you got it all.He'll be on the Branson shows on July 28th and 29th. Come see and hear one of the futures of our instrument.
Doc
GFI Red and Black SD 10 3/4 Keyless, Fender Jazzmaster Head, Special Jensen 12" Speaker Cab, New Hilton Pedal, Epiphone ES 295,60th Aniv 52 Custom Shop Tele,Tacoma Chief CKK9C Koa Wood
Wonderful Wife who loves all this stuff.
"Steel Away and Pray Everyday."
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Also, we have had alot of people inquiring about Tyler and wondering if he would be playing again this year at the Marshfield Steel Show.

Yes, he is, and we are looking forward to hearing him on June the 9th at the 2nd Annual Marshfield Steel Guitar Show. He will be playing around 6:30-7:00 time frame at our show, because he's on a regular show at Branson now. He toured the USA, with the Branson based Ozark Jubilee Show last winter.

See you Tyler T. on June 9th!
:D
Terry Wood
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

"KID" You doing Good!!!!!! Always, I mean Always, remember where you came from!!!!! "THE ALABAMA GANG" is very proud of you, our 1st Horizorn Award Winner. How is My Black Beauty Emmons LLG III, that I sold(GAVE)to you doing?
Bill
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Bill,

He is going to burn that Emmons up here on June 9th at Marshfield. :wink:

We are looking forward to hearing him.

Terry Wood
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

CONGRATS TO TYLER ON ALL THE SUCCESS. IT IS AMAZING TO ME TO HERE WHAT A GREAT PLAYER TYLER IS AND HASNT BEEN PLAYING VERY LONG. IVE BEEN TRYING TO PLAY SINCE I WAS 13 AND IM NOW 30 AND STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT AND TYLER SOUNDS LIKE HE HAS BEEN PLAYING FOR THIRTY YEARS. GO GET EM BUDDY. ANOTHER GREAT TALENT TO COME FROM THE GREAT STATE OF ALABAMA.
GOOD LUCK TYLER!

JEREMY DRAWBAUGH
ASGA HORIZON AWARD WINNER 2007
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Bill Hamner

Tyler Hall

Post by Bill Hamner »

Listen up people: Tyler is the real deal. As some of you have mentioned he plays that old (50's, 60's,70's) stuff like he was there when it was all happening. And watch out when he gets back on that C6 neck. The boy can finesse the heck out of that stuff!!

Bill
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

You boys are really something! This is just proof that people will say anything for $20. :wink:

I really appreciate it guys. I don't know what to say, I just play whatever hits me at the time (sometimes it works). I feel really old at heart and occationally after I carry my stuff, so maybe that's what it is. :lol:

Bill, I've been meaning to talk to you. I had to string that guitar the other day, so I'm sending you a receit for string reimbursment. Other than that the old Emmons is still trudging along.
Tyler Hall

Dates

Post by Tyler Hall »

I was going to mention, I'm playing with the Suzi Weber show here in Branson. Monday thru Sat. 2 o'clock. We're in the Cruzin' Country Theater off of Gretna Rd. If your in town we'd love for you to stop by. It's a good show featuring a lot of new country, and well as the classic's.