info on bsg guitars

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jeff Hogsten

info on bsg guitars

Post by Jeff Hogsten »

anyone know anything about BSG guitars. anyone played one
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Very well made. Very modest price. The only thing that keeps them from being more popular is marketing.

If you find one in good shape, it is a keeper.
Papa Joe Pollick

Post by Papa Joe Pollick »

:? Pardon my ignorance,please,who is BSG?
PJ
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

"BSG" is Burrows Seel Guitar, built (somewhere in Ohio) by Don Burrows. While I haven't played one of Don's steels, I have examined a couple of them very closely. They're extremely well made, with everything engineered for maximum durability, stability, and reliability. The ones I saw reminded me a lot of the old Classic MSA guitars, with all parts precision-machined, and having no cheap castings or sheet-metal stampings - which might cause problems later on.

They're not exactly lightweights, but if looks are any indication, they'll last longer than most of us will! :)
Dave Todd

Post by Dave Todd »

I believe he has some demo models on eBay right now.....

Dave
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Here is the web site. I have looked at theses units.

http://bsgsteelguitars.com/
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.
Benton Allen

Post by Benton Allen »

I don't know anything about his guitars, but I did have Don build a new set of stainless steel legs for my D8 Stringmaster. He was a really nice guy to do business with, and the product is first class.

B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

I have played one of Don's guitars. Great, smooth pedal action, good string separation and sustain and tone. What really floored me was the way the guitar would ring and hang for days above the 15th fret!!! They are built to last too. Don is a top notch machinest and super fellow to deal with too!!!

Greg
HWHYoYo

Post by HWHYoYo »

I've played BSG since 04. I liked the first one so well, I had Don build me another one.
Wayne Hetzler
07 BSG
04 BSG SD10
98 Carter SD10
Matt Chase

Post by Matt Chase »

I've got a BSG S-10 (bought 2nd hand). It's my first PSG and it seems exceptionally well made. It sounds great too and stays in tune better than any of my 6 string guitars. In fact, I use the tuning wrench so rarely I'm always misplacing it.

Also, in my dealings with Don has been very helpful.

Cheers,

Matt
Tom Mossburg

Post by Tom Mossburg »

I saw Don's guitars at the Washington Pa show last weekend. Really nicely made guitars.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Jeff i know Don . He is a wonderful guy to talk to . Just give him a call and talk with him . His guitars are solid . He had two of them at one of my Gospel Shows and they sounded great . I didn't have time to try one but one of my friends did and almost bought one . Again call him . Gary .