Lloyd Green w/Peter Cooper on mySpace

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dave Van Allen

Lloyd Green w/Peter Cooper on mySpace

Post by Dave Van Allen »

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=73765385

the cuts "Boy Genius" & "Wine" feature some way cool Lloyd Green steel....

Peter is a really fine songwriter & has been fortunate enough to have Lloyd work on his recordings.. Lloyd even played live with him in Nashville recently
"I just came in here from force of habit... I don't intend to spend too much time in here."
"I've got the 'ZB Jeebies�' !"
<small>1998 Zumsteel U12 "Loafer" 8&6 :: 1973 ZB Custom D-10 8&5 :: 2007 StageOne3&4 :: '69 Thinline Tele RI :: Vintage Fender 'Tube' Amplification
www.davevanallen.net :: ::Last Train Home
James Martin (U.K.)

Mr Nashville.

Post by James Martin (U.K.) »

Great singer,great song and Lloyd showing his versatility. Execellent stuff. Thanks for posting.
Bernie Gonyea

Lloyd Green Showing His Stuff

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

Dave: Thanks for sharing this with we steel guitar lovers; I've been a fan of Lloyd's since the Charlie Pride days; His playing can bring a whole new meaning to " FOLK " music. A good singer, too..Bernie :wink:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

Every time I hear something new from Lloyd Green I'm truly amazed. Lloyd excels at finding some tasty styling for anyone he plays with, from any genre. That's the first I've heard of Peter Cooper, but I like what I hear. I see that's he's billed as folk, but those two tunes are probably "too country" to make it on so-called country radio. Apparently Lloyd is staying busy these days - I just wish I could hear more of him.

BTW - I'm ready for a new Lloyd Green CD. If Lloyd makes one available, I'm on it like white on rice.

Ken
Steeless.
Kyle Everson

Post by Kyle Everson »

Lloyd played with Peter a couple of months ago at the Station Inn here in Nashville. It was an incredible show from a steel player's point-of-view, and Peter's blend of poetry-infused folk was great. He and Lloyd did a nice duet on a song/recitation about Hank Aaron.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Lloyd told me about this project a few months back. Lloyd calls this album in his opinion, the bookend to the Panther Hall Album. The steel is mixed up front where it should be. That is the LDG Bud on there by the way.
Tommy Detamore

Post by Tommy Detamore »

Thanks to my old pal Bruce Bouton, I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon at Lloyd's house not too long ago. He played us the Peter Cooper stuff and I was totally knocked out!
Tommy Detamore
Quilter Labs, Goodrich Sound, Source Audio, Neunaber Audio, and Stringjoy Authorized Dealer

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Dave Petranek

Post by Dave Petranek »

I have been listening to Lloyd Green on Peter Cooper's MY SPACE. Is that an overdub on the song 'Wine' or am I just short a few fingers.
Just when I thought I was getting the hang this instrument.
Chuck McGill

Post by Chuck McGill »

Because of Dave's post earlier this year I was able to sit 3' away from Lloyd at the Station Inn and soak up the playing. My wife and I had nice coversation with Dot. Dave I owe you bud.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Tommy
I was fortunate to vist with Lloyd and
Dot a couple of years ago with my pal
Bob Knight.
I sure would like to visit again.
Great people :D

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

thought I'd dredge this back up for those who missed it... LLOYD is in rare form on the posted tunes. and I understand there is more to come... I can hardly wait! :)