Picking with two fingers.

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bernie Liebe

playing steel / working with different "digits"

Post by Bernie Liebe »

Bill I haven't a solution for you but consider the following for hopefully a little inspiration at the very least. I have an aquaintence who lost a right arm in his early youth but as an adult became a very low handicap golfer. I recently rcd an e-mail titled, "Amazing Woman", A story of a woman who was born without arms but led a very "normal life" including driving, caring for her infant child, all the usual household chores and much more than you can imagine. She could do nearly everything the rest of us do with all apendeges and digits intact. A most amazing video. The point being Bill, let the "naysayers" have their say but trust in yourself and your God given talents. If you have the desire you can overcome great challenges with a different approach. The Good Lord gave us marvelous bodies that can adapt in incredible ways and overcome obstacles, (I won't say handicaps) those are merely increased challenges anyway. You can adapt your playing and still sound great. Time is the only variable. Good Luck and keep 'steelin' 'n pickin'. Bernie
Terry Wood

Post by Terry Wood »

Hi Bill,

Yep! I sure do know Tony Smith he's a great musician and we have played together several times. He does quite a bit of gigs with my brother and niece's Country band. He and I are have talked about recording together but never have gotten around to it yet. He's a real nice guy.

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

Ah, that's right, thus the funny pick-holding.
Thanks, Mike.
Those that say don't know; those that know don't say.--Buddy Emmons
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Terry, I've been trying to figure out where I've heard your name. Your a friend of Curtis Trent, he mastered my CD.
Go by and pick one up, tell him said to give you one. Its called (Favorite Songs Friends and Memories).Traditional country.
enjoy and let me know what you think.