Lawrence Lupkin

Waylon Steeler

Post by Lawrence Lupkin »

Fred Jack

Post by Fred Jack »

That be The Moon.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Where I come from, we have a saying: yes.
Lawrence Lupkin

Thought so. Thanks!
Fred Jack

Post by Fred Jack »

Well, where I come from people stand up when they speak of the Moon!
Lawrence Lupkin

I never had the opportunity to see him up close. It sure sounds like him.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Oh yeah? Where I come from....uh, get back to me later. I'll think of something. Gonna go play some Moon on the jukebox.

btw---that E9 on the back neck is a sure-fire tip-off.
Lawrence Lupkin

Hey, are you holding out on me? Where is there Ralph Mooney on the jukebox?! Wait...I think maybe Hank's. I can't go in there if there is no live music. It kinda creeps me out. Especially if it still light out. :P
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Creeps me out just to think of it. But this jukebox is in my livingroom and it's not a jukebox, it's just a CD player playing Buck sings Harlan Howard.
Lawrence Lupkin

One of my faves.
autry andress

Post by autry andress »

I'm gonna see The Moon this Friday night @ Pearl's in Ft. Worth, Backing up Dottie Jack.
Can't wait.
Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

Out here in this corner of Az. we call him "Mr. Moon"! :D

Larry
Carter SD/10, 4&5 Hilton Pedal, Peavey Sessions 400, Peavey Renown 400, Home Grown Eff/Rack
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"
Fred Jack

Post by Fred Jack »

Well, around here, I call him Eugene. Sometimes I call him Picket. In fact when he lost his job with Waylon and came home he said it took him about a year to realize his name wasn't Picket. He says everyone looked at him and said Picket so he thought that was his name. Now and then his wife calls him Jinkey Bill, among other things.
Michael Garnett

Post by Michael Garnett »

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Outlaw-Perfo ... F8&s=video

You too can own the entire concert, in what they're billing as "The Lost Outlaw Performance." From August 12, 1972 (IIRC), live at the Reimann. Moon has PLENTY of rides, and they all sound great. Only problem, it's VHS only. But WELL worth the money. It's been one of my favorite concerts for years now.

MG
Mike Baxter

Post by Mike Baxter »

I got mine on eBay and it was on DVD - Waylon and Ralph have no equals!
Bernie Gonyea

Waylon's Lost Performance DVD/VHS

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:?
Hey, Mike Garnett; Could you tell me" Where does Moon reside now; Boy, it would be great to have a DVD of that performance you quoted from the Aug. date in1972.Last time I see Waylon & Ralph was at a concert in syracuse, N.Y., several years ago. A great country show with one of the all time great steel pickers, whom The Good Lord ever placed on this planet. Wished I lived in his neck of the woods, so to have the opportunity of seeing him play, on occasion.

Does anyone know where a DVD of this Concert may be purchased?. Thanks, Bernie :?:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Michael Garnett

Bernie-

You caught me in a lie, it was 1978, I went and checked my copy. August 12, but don't catch my lying again.

Ralph Mooney is a native of Fort Worth, and I want to say he lives here today. But you might have caught me lying three times.

I'm not sure where to find that video on DVD. But I'm sure nobody'd put up a fuss if you were to order it from Amazon and take it somewhere and have it converted. Of course I'm not condoning any illegal behavior here.

MG
Sidney Malone

Post by Sidney Malone »

The Lost Outlaw concert is on the DVD called Renegade, Outlaw, Legend. Here's a link to one currently on Ebay.... http://cgi.ebay.com/WAYLON-JENNINGS-Ren ... dZViewItem

also on Amazon.... http://www.amazon.com/Waylon-Renegade-O ... B0000640TK
Bernie Gonyea

Waylon"s DVD

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:lol:
M. Garrett; You're a good boy; thanks for your help in locating a copy of that DVD; and even more thanks go out to you, Sidney, for being on the ball; contacted E Bay, and sure enough I bought one DVD from the seller; just as you guys had described. Boy, what great help some of you forumites have been to me.. Thanks a Million.. Oh, yes, I have a daughter whom lives in Sherman, Tx. She's The Executive Financial Aid Director at Austin College . I was there for a grand son's graduation at the end of May, last year. Wow; what a growing area of Texas. But, they love it very much. Cheerio.. Bernie :P
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Michael Garnett

I almost applied to Austin College to play football about 10 years ago... Great little college. You'll enjoy the concert, it's one of the best I've seen in my few years breathing.
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

That Waylon DVD has a great biography on Waylon as well as the concert.

Last night I listened to the new four CD box set of Waylon, 'Nashville Rebel', it's such a well done set of his WHOLE career, the booklet has tons of great pictures of Waylon and the band, with some of Mooney as well.

If you're a Waylon fan, it is a must, now if I could just find a copy of the movie Waylon acted in 'Nashville Rebel'. I'll have to start looking.

Woop woop!
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days