COPSGC meet was GREAT!!!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

James Morehead

COPSGC meet was GREAT!!!

Post by James Morehead »

I want to personally thank those who braved the weird weather yesterday to come out and pick with us!! Some real fine music was made yesterday, plenty of hot licks to counter the could snowy weather!!

Jim Harper, your "top shelf" as ususal, Ken Collins---fantastic playing!! Thankyou for coming and being an inspiration to us newbies!! Thankyou David Newby from Wilson, OK for coming to the seminar and singing a bunch of our favorite REAL country songs!!

There were some players and singers I didn't get to meet, but thankyou for your contribution to a fine show!
I'll shut-up now and let Bob and Gerald CONTINUE the the thankyous!! :lol:
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

Thanks goes out to everyone who showed up...great little get together, despite the funky fast n furious weather that blew through and dissipated quickly! Thanks Mr. David Newby, singing was great, and Wayne Duncan...nice drumming there! Hope you guys start comming regular, you added a new level of talent to give us something to slaughter you with!!! :D Not too many photos were taken, but I will post a few that we got. McClung...glad that MSA actually works....good job! Gerald, musta have been the Spaghetti Casarole that made you play that good...nice job. Ken Collins and Jim Harper...well what can we say that you guys don't already know...excellent chops! I'll post to our website www.copsgc.com this week I hope. Thanks ya'll 8)
Gerald Cook

Post by Gerald Cook »

Welcome to Oklahoma weather!! Raining one minute, snowing baseball size snow the next, to sun shining a couple of hours later....WHEW!!! I want to thank all that attended Saturday. A big thanks goes to James for the siminar and the pointers he gave us. James, both of my fingers are in splints now thanks to the collision they had on the neck. :lol: Harper, "you da man". I was especially impressed with the backup band that played for their first time together. You would have thought they had been doing this together for a while......great job guys! We had several guests that attended and want to invite them back each and every opportunity. This club is going to be doing different things from time to time and continue to grow in the great state of Oklahoma. I am very proud to be a part of this growth. A great BIG thanks to Bob Belcher for his continuous hard work in keeping this thing going.
J. R. McClung

Post by J. R. McClung »

Some of you guys probably already knew about this, but I learned a couple of things at this meeting:

1. Mr. Bob Belcher can really sing. Wow!

2. Gerald don't neeed nooo steeenkeeng peedals!
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Joel, sure enjoyed you at the Jam! You got some nice chops! I KNEW you were holding out on us! HA!! :wink:
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

Good point there Joel, I was hearing this super high harmonic melody playing on that Hank song and looked over and saw Gerald with his hat on leaned over that multichord and had to stop singing...I had to listen. But it was priceless when he looked up and said "what....?" Where have you been keeping those at Gerald? Even James had a grin on his face sitting there with hs arms crossed!
J. R. McClung

Post by J. R. McClung »

Kinda surprising that me and James didn't get a crik in our necks from twisting around watching Gerald play that 8x3.
Gerald Cook

Post by Gerald Cook »

Okay guys, your money is on the way :wink: That was a "Hank" song? I was just practicing the finger licks that James had showed us earlier........forgot to turn my volume pedal off :lol:
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Hummmm, you been holding out on us, too, ehh, Gerald :twisted: ?!