COPSGC Jan 27th Meeting

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bob Belcher

COPSGC Jan 27th Meeting

Post by Bob Belcher »

Allright! The Central Oklahoma Pedal Steel Guitar Club meeting is a go on the 27th. Seminar starts at 10:00 am, so be there set up, tuned up, and woke up ahead of time. Food will not be available, unless you bring a covered delictable delight. I will provide drinks. Check out our club website for more information at www.copsgc.com for more particulars. So if you are attending email James (saltydog@netcommander.com) or me (tenstringin@wmconnect.com) or post on here. By the way, if ya got "others" who want to show up and participate in the jam, musicians, singers, washboard players, etc, invite them out to join and play ...everyone welcome as usual. See ya there. 8)
Lorren White

Post by Lorren White »

I have already sent e-mail to Bob that I will be out of town this weekend. Sorry to miss the meeting. Lorren
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

It don't git better than that!! See ya'll there!! 8)
Joe W. Gilbert

Post by Joe W. Gilbert »

Will be there if it THAWS out by then.
Joe
J. R. McClung

Post by J. R. McClung »

Just received email confirmation from James stating I can come to the seminar.

Anybody else going?
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Hey Joel I've got reservations, but I'm still coming!! Anyways, Joel your permanantly confirmed!! :P

We may do a little "Cold Cold Heart" in the key of "D", just for you, Joe G., incase it doesn't thaw out by then!! :P
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Loren, We sure will miss you!! It won't be the same with out you!!
Joe W. Gilbert

Post by Joe W. Gilbert »

They say the cold is supposed to last till the end of January. Guess will wear a heavy coat all month. Old don't like Cold. lol
Joe
Lorren White

Post by Lorren White »

James, I will miss being at the meeting. You are doing a song that I can play only I do it in the key of F. Maybe next time. Thanks for the kind words.
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

Wow!! Cold Cold Heart & Hot Hot Food! That makes this meeting a hard one to miss. :cry:
Gerald Cook

Post by Gerald Cook »

Hey Bob B, like it or not, I'll be there, too :lol: Curt if the weather is good.....Come On Down!!!!!
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

Gerald, I would love to come down, however on this weekend I'll be playing at the Mesa, Az show. You have a great time, maybe next round.
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

Gerald, I would love to come down, however on this weekend I'll be playing at the Mesa, Az show. You have a great time, maybe next round.
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

Weather it's cold or not (get it?...sorry :oops: ), just don't sit at home wishing you could go, just be there. Oughta be a good one...I got a drummer comming, were good on that one this time ya'll. Keep those cards n letters commin folks!!! Bad Bob The Bud Man And Gerald, don't threaten me like that...you gotta show up ... u have the PA!
Jim Harper

Post by Jim Harper »

Bob at this meeting(Jan.27th)we should bring up C6th tuning and how we go to get new chord,s and how we progress into them. I would like to help any one with this and play some western swing music. Learn how to get full Chord,s all the way across the neck. Let,s talk about it this meeting and if any one is interested maybe we can help==Jim Harper
Lorren White

Post by Lorren White »

Jim, your are bringing up a subject that I would not want to miss. I hope if you do this those of us who can not make it will have the benifit of your knowledge and help. What a blessing it is,for those of us who do not have all the talent, to have someone like you that is willing to teach us. Lorren
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Sounds like a plan to me, Jim H., count me in!!
Jim Harper

Post by Jim Harper »

Lorren and all of you;ll. We will just meet on this and start next meeting. Yes Lorren we talked a little about this last meeting and i want to help. You are saved by the bell.Hope Bill bring,s his Push-Pull==Jim Harper
Lorren White

Post by Lorren White »

Thanks Jim. With all that James is doing to help us and now what you can offer I can see Bob and all the others playing with the band real soon!
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

See, that's what it's all about there guy's! A club that is caring and sharing, not too many "tudes" in this club. We are beyond the part of just getting together now, we are becomming a club with the throttle down! Pickers wanting to help pickers, ideas being put out there, sharing the wealth among the members, ya can't buy that type of fellowship! The next meeting, no matter how many attend, will bring about a curing of the adhesive so to speak. I want to thank everyone in this club for their active participation and dedication to make this happen, so far it's been one hell of a ride and now were heading to the top to the "big ride". So put on them long britches boys, were goin in... :D
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

Hey hey hey...a sidenote here, for you "seminar" guys don't forget your crayon and Big Chief tablet to take notes with and to record those "aha" tips down...thanks
Gerald Cook

Post by Gerald Cook »

Hey Jim. C6 and western swing.....it don't get no better than that :D Aaahaaaa......"shoot low sheriff, he's ridin' a shetland"
Jim Harper

Post by Jim Harper »

Gerald, you are sure right.Give me 2-3 fiddle,s-guitar man-bass-drum,s-steel guitar and yea buddie (Window faces the south)western swing==Jim Harper
Joe W. Gilbert

Post by Joe W. Gilbert »

Jim, Did you say that you are going to play "South". Ahh! take it away Jim. You play it and I'll sing it. lol Since it don't have words maybe I will hum it.
Joe
Bob Belcher

Post by Bob Belcher »

Allright y'all!!! It's this Saturday...just in case your memory cells needed realigned. Seminar first, quick meeting about new rules/procedures, then let it rip! See everybody there!!!