Anyone using Roland VS2480 HD?

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Billy Woo

Anyone using Roland VS2480 HD?

Post by Billy Woo »

I think it's a great unit for hard disk recording, just upgraded with Vs8F-3 along with Antares Auto-Tune and 1176, La-2a Compression bundle..just getting my feet wet with these new 'Plug-ins' thus my curiousity with any other steeler/engineers?

Bronco Billy
Gary Shepherd

Post by Gary Shepherd »

I didn't know you could use plugins on those Roland units.

------------------
Gary Shepherd

Carter D-10

www.16tracks.com
b0b

Post by b0b »

Mine is a VS-1880. It's tricky to use, but I get good results.
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

I went to the Roland Planet, and found too many issues with the 2480 ....I went with the Akai DPS24 for live recording and have not looked back ...Jim<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by James Quackenbush on 06 December 2006 at 04:25 PM.]</p></FONT>
Billy Woo

Post by Billy Woo »

I do not dispute that there is a "Learning Curve" to this system But once you get it down it's a gas and turns out surpisingly good mixes that rival Pro studios not too mention there is a support phone system as well as On-line help..yes they are incorporating new Plug-ins with more to come but you have to buy the "Key card" to access them. Auto Tune is cool if you have pitchy singers and the compression bundle is definately neat but you need 2 Vs8f-3 cards to use both features simultaneously, another feature is with the Vs2480 Hd model you can swap hard drives with another user with the same machine and exchange musical parts..

Bronco Billy aka
Billy Woo

Bronco Billy aka
Billy Woo
James E. McNealon

Post by James E. McNealon »

Hey Guys,
I've got a VS2480 with all the trimmings. Auto tune, & three effects card, CD burner, Flat screen Monitor, Digital cables, Manuals,Keyboard Mouse, Box From the factory when I had it upgraded. Need to Sell looking for $2000 OBO.
Thanks Jim
Leroy Golden

Post by Leroy Golden »

I have the VS2400CD and have produced 7 studio quality albums on it so far and many "demo" mini albums, and so far have not had one complaint from my clients. As previously stated you have to be careful with your mixes, but once you get it this machine can produce excellent results! I chose to go with the outboard version of autotune but it works out ok for me.