Always...Patsy Cline" show...steeler needed

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Donny Hinson

Always...Patsy Cline" show...steeler needed

Post by Donny Hinson »

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone else that might be interested. (I have already declined the offer.) This is for information only, and I make no representations whatsoever about this job. Contact Jason Wilson directly if you're interested...

<i>
Hello,

I got your email from OnlineSteelers.com

I am searching for a steel player for nine performances of "Always...Patsy Cline". Performances are
Friday nights, Saturday nights, and Sunday afternoons, October 7th thru October 23rd at the
Chesapeake Arts Center in Glen Burnie. There will also be a handful of rehersals prior to opening night.

All Performances Paid!!

Please let me know if you're interested. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Jason
443-413-6069</i>
Tom Diemer

Post by Tom Diemer »

I just played this show locally here in Ohio.
(doubled on steel and some lead guitar) I did end up getting paid (didn't take the job for the money, didn't even know I would be payed). It was a total hoot, and the band and singers were awesome.

The most appreciative crowd I think I've ever played for. We did 4 weekends, 3 shows per week. I would do it again in a heartbeat if it ever comes back to the area.

Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Curry Costner is the best around and he lives in Glen Bernie.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Yes, Curry's a fine picker, but I think he's still happy and working real steady now with Bob Plunkert and the "Real Country" band! Image
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

I just signed on again for another run of "
Always Patsy" for the month of November here in Georgia. Really fun show, and the rest of the band are all old buddies so it will be a total blast.

------------------
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

Nine shows would be EASY!!!
I did a 16 weeker here in Portland.
I never got tired of playing the tunes.
I played the part of the band leader in the first two acts... speakin' lines and all!
Fun Stuff!

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Pete Burak on 01 September 2005 at 09:32 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

I'm just finishing a six-week run of 'APC' here in Sarasota. This show has probably provided 50% of my income over the last six years! It's always fun to do, though.

I'd be free for this Glen Burnie 'run', but I doubt they'd want an out-of-town guy, especially with gas the price it is, and the accommodation issue....

RR