Just In Case...

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Brian Davis

Just In Case...

Post by Brian Davis »

Anybody heard from Gary Phillips lately? I know he's had a rough go of it recently. I finally found his post in Events and Announcements regarding his taking some time off from building, etc. I've been waiting for a while now on a case he was gonna build me and I haven't heard back from him for several weeks. His email address is bouncing and his website is down. I just left him a voicemail but wondering if anyone knows if he's doing ok?

BD
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I have a rack case coming from him. It should have been delivered several months ago. I used to get an e-mail back from him but nothing of late.
Erv
Clyde Mumpower

Post by Clyde Mumpower »

I think we have been had!!! I ordered and paid in full last December 9,th for a 4 place Rack Case and 2 speaker Cabinets. He said I would receive them by January 15th 2005. I received the Rack Case in June and still have not received the speaker Cabinets. He owes me $ 325.00 and want answer calls or any communications. I am just about to file charges on him in small claims court. Clyde Mumpower<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Clyde Mumpower on 16 August 2005 at 05:28 PM.]</p></FONT>
Clyde Mumpower

Post by Clyde Mumpower »

I hope everone reads this before ordering anything from him. When I did speak with him he always said the 2 cabinets would ship the next week. I haven't been able to make contact with him in several Months.
Clyde
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

As I understand it, Gary still has a phone, but he's not answered calls from some customers. I'm not sure if he still has the 'Net, but if he does, he's reading this.
Gary, you're my friend. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!! Do not steal these guys' money, no matter what hardships you're going through personally. At least, post an apology. You OWE these guys you took money from, dude!
Jim Marconi

Post by Jim Marconi »

Hi Guys..I feel sorry for what you are going thru...Gary is a friend of mine and he is presently staying at my home working and earning his way out of this mess...His Dads illness had really set him back from the end of last year and now to his death...Gary is slowly getting back on top of things both finacialy and mentaly..He just sent Erv his rack case and he is now going to complete the rest of the orders..
He is working and willing to either fill the orders or refund your money...He is totally stressed out when he came here and I am trying to get him back on track..I am one Christian steel player helping another one.
I am real sure that nobody will get hurt on these orders...He is so embarrased about this situation and didn't know what to say anymore...I am writting this letter to my fellow steel players...Please lets give him a chance to make good....Gary also assured me that he will build you an additional free case for your troubles...if this will make you feel better... Please call him with a little sympathy he is a fellow steel player wanting to make good...
His Cell number is (740)605-7538
Thank You
God Bless
Jim<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jim Marconi on 18 August 2005 at 10:04 PM.]</p></FONT>
Brian Davis

Post by Brian Davis »

Guys,
I just talked to Gary and it's clear that he wants to make things right with everybody. I'm happy to hear he's doing better and his luck is turning around. Jim Marconi, you are a great friend for helping him through this difficult time. I know some guys are upset with Gary right now, but don't worry he will take care of you.

BD
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

(dupe of my pos in Steel Players thread begun by Byron Walcher):

I spoke with Gary today (Aug. 17), and would like to update everyone having business deals with him.

Gary will come through on any merchandise ordered, he asked me to pass that promise on to you, and I believe him. He has temporarily relocated to a friend's home in Illinois, more to clear his head than anything, and has his tools and will continue production.

Gary is a warm Christian man who is overwhelmed and overstressed through a trying series of life events the past couple of years. 2 years ago his brother died. Last year his marriage ended. A couple of months ago his Dad died. He's been on a tough ride, his faith is strong, but he's really feeling challenged by life and the Lord.

Please just have a little more patience for a good guy trying to get his feet back on the ground, and keep him in your prayers.

------------------
E9 lessons
Mullen D-12/Carter SD-10/Webb amp/Profex II/Lexicon MPX-110

Brett Anderson

Post by Brett Anderson »

Fellow Forumites, we pray for each other for alot of different reasons. That is one of the reasons I joined this forum. One of our brothers has surely had more than his share of troubles recently. That is not to excuse him for being slow to complete his responsibilities. But before we hang him up, could we please remember Gary in our prayers? Would'nt y'all appreciate a little extra patience and love if you were in that spot. Life is hard enough when your world isn't crashing down around you. Just a thought.
Brett Anderson

Post by Brett Anderson »

and GOD BLESS YOU JIM MARCONI>
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

amen BRETT very well put
Clyde Mumpower

Post by Clyde Mumpower »

I just recently called Gary and left a message for him to call me. Gary did return my call and we had a very nice conversation. He promised me that he would refund my money back. I have faith in the Lord and I also have faith in Gary. I think he will rebound and be stronger than ever.
You are remembered in my prayers:

Clyde Mumpower
Brian Davis

Post by Brian Davis »

Hey all,
Just wanted to update everybody I spoke to Gary again last week and he seems to be getting along better these days. If anyone is looking for a nice D-10 Rains, I think that's the one he has up on the block. Anyway, hoping to have things settled with Gary soon and back to business as usual with Just in Case.

BD
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Gary is a good guy, very genuine. I've done business with him and he makes a good product. As with any one-man business, sometimes things get in the way of the *assembly line* and we customers just have to have trust and patience.

He's had a very rough couple of years, but I believe no one ultimately has anything to worry about his delivering a product that was ordered. Many of us have walked miles in shoes similar to his, remember y'all?

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Donald Jeunette

Post by Donald Jeunette »

Gary, I don't know you but I have been in shoes like yours. You will be in my prayers and keep up the faith in Jesus, he will pull you through..This forum is a great place with wonderful people.

Don<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Donald Jeunette on 11 October 2005 at 09:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
GARYPHILLIPS

Post by GARYPHILLIPS »

Hey Guys. so glad everyone been praying for me,I have never been down like this in my life, but PTL he is help up i feel a hole lot better now, thanks for all the prayer.

just like to say love playing my new D-10 Rains,Bob Rains knows when i got this steel that i would be saleing it. and ordering more from him,and same go for the Desert Rose steel Chuck Back,that way i will never need to put new string on my steels Image

Just to let you know i have a new pack-seat that been working on, it will just blow you a way when you see it, it will come with a pull out handle & wheels with or without backrest.will have power if you like and lots of room for all your stuff
I put Nashville 400 on the seat and roll it out to the truck,.a great seat great price
look for it coming soon EZ-PAC-SEAT
if Jim Marconi read this he has seen this seat.he can tell what he think of this seat.
Jim was with me when i said to him I'm going to make a pac-seat out of this. ImageI will be posting some pic on here soon
Steelin for Jesus

------------------
Gary Phillips
JUST-N-CASE PLUS
D-10 8/5 Desert Rose Steel Guitar
& D-10 8/5 Rains Steel Guitar

Billy Carr
Restricted

Post by Billy Carr »

Don't know you Gary but I'm glad everything's starting to turn around for you. I think we've all probably had a few bumps in the road to get over or around at sometime. Good luck and continue the positive attempts at making everything ok.
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

hey gary
glad to see your doing better buddy!!
good to see you posting again on the forum will look forward to seeing your new seat good luck and god bless you
mike
Bert Berthold

Post by Bert Berthold »

Gary,my prayers for you,power to you.Willthe new seat be self propelled w/elec. adjustable up/down or will that be in a later model? Hang in there,God be w/you.Thanx Bert