About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Sentlinger

Post by Jim Sentlinger »

new to this, live in springfield, Missouri area, been playing lap steel and dobro for many years and need to know i f any one is in this area I can contact to practice with. Retired here about 3 years and have a lot of time to play now.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Welcome, Jim! you are in a great area to find pickers. Some will soon appear here to welcome you. I'd suggest go to the top of this forum page and clic on links, then clic on steel organizations. Look up some of the clubs that you find close to you and contact them. That's where allot of the pickers hangout. These smaller steel clubs are pretty nice to the entry level folks like you and me, as well as the seasoned veteran steel players. They also will give folks a place to meet and play music with some of the seasoned pickers, as well as a place to just plain get involved. You can definately fast trac your learning!<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by James Morehead on 09 September 2006 at 06:57 PM.]</p></FONT>
Pete Young

Post by Pete Young »

Welcome Jim, from Montreal Canada Hope you have a lot of fun on here
Pete Young
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Jim, Welcome to the Forum. This place is awesome. The online Steelers page has registered steelers listed from all over. Check this out Online Steelers<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Andy Sandoval on 10 September 2006 at 04:15 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Sentlinger

Post by Jim Sentlinger »

Thanks for the info
Ken Levesque

Post by Ken Levesque »

Jim you are going to be happy here....

Welcome and enjoy

Ken
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Welcome to this Great Forum Jim ! Image

Home is where the heart is
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Welcome Jim from Alabama.
Mike Shefrin

Post by Mike Shefrin »

Jim,welcome from New York.
Sherman Willden

Post by Sherman Willden »

Welcome, Jim. I have relatives in Buffalo and I took some classes at Southwest Baptist College back in '65 to '67. They had a great dance hall across the street where I saw two great steelers but I don't remember who they were. I remember a music store downtown Springfield that would let me mess around with some guitars even though they knew that I couldn't buy anything at that time. I saw Hank Thompson in Springfield then also. I had a great conversation with some black musicians who played guitar and fiddle. Some wonderful memories.

Sherman<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Sherman Willden on 21 September 2006 at 06:21 AM.]</p></FONT>