Met Randy Hess

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John LeMaster

Met Randy Hess

Post by John LeMaster »

Had a gig yesterday at Wild Adventures Park in Georgia, playing PSG for the Michael Stacey Band. We opened for Gary Allan.

Randy Hess was sitting in with Gary's band, and I was able to meet and chat with Randy for a while. He is a fine gentleman, and great steel player.

For the "gear" people (like me), Randy was playing a JCH through a Profex II and 2 Nashville 400s.

Always glad to meet good folks in the steel guitar 'world'.

John L.

Catus Jack

Post by Catus Jack »

Yes, Randy is a great player and person. He was born and raised in my area. I sold him his first steel guitar, it didn't do anything for me, but sure has for him, maybe he learn to play it right. Randy can play sweet music and can make it cook also.

Jack
Randy Hess

Post by Randy Hess »

Hi John,
It was a pleasure to talk with you. I got a chance to go out front and you sounded great. I still have Jack's steel set up in my basement (Fender S-10 w/ rods, not cables).

p.s. Hi, Jack.
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

Yeah John, Randy is real cool dude. I was lucky enough to meet him last December when he was filling in for Gaylon with Gretchen Wilson.

Randy, haven't seen or heard about you in a while.. Good to see ya here on the forum and glad to hear your out working. I know they were not that great but did you ever get the pictures I sent of the show in Mobile?

------------------
Clark Custom D10 8&5
Fender Steel King
B-bender Telecaster
Line 6 Flextone II Plus
www.jimwalkeronline.com
My Space

Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Randy's incredible in my book. The stereo setup he ran when I saw him on Broadway several weeks ago sounded superb, and the pickin' was as good as it gets. Tell me the steel ain't an emotional instrument...

Thanks for lettin' me bug ya during the set Randy. It was certainly a pleasure listening.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ray Minich on 05 September 2006 at 10:58 AM.]</p></FONT>
Randy Hess

Post by Randy Hess »

Hey guys,
It's always a pleasure to run into fellow pickers. Thanks for the kind words.
Jim, I never got those pics. I'll send you an e-mail. I'd love to have them. Thanks.
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

Randy, its good to see you getting some ink on the forum. Sounds like your keeping busy. You should do an instrumental cd sometime, I'm sure it'd be a goodn'. Let me know the next time you get up this way.
Catus Jack

Post by Catus Jack »

Hi Randy:

Are you coming home for a visit over the holiday season this year?

Jack
Randy Hess

Post by Randy Hess »

Hi Jack,
Unless something changes, I'll be home for about a week but not sure what days, yet. I'm sure we'll have a jam session while I'm home.

Hey Bob,
Heard you made it to St. Loius. I wish I could make it sometime but it seems I'm always out that weekend. Let me know the next time you head this way.