JIMMY BIGGERS...

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Delbert Aldredge

JIMMY BIGGERS...

Post by Delbert Aldredge »

I met Jimmy Biggers @ 1964 in Lufkin,TX. Thought I had stumbled onto Curly Chalker, at least Jimmy's sound was a lot like Chalker.. Jimmy played a "B6th" tuning on his lower neck. I understand he played/recorded with Ray Price during the 50's. Jimmy thought he could have been the first to use a "knee leaver", he made from a Broom handle.

Sure would be nice if those who knew Jimmy would share what they remember about the man and his music.

Thanks,

Delbert<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Delbert Aldredge on 15 July 2006 at 04:16 PM.]</p></FONT>
Delbert Aldredge

Post by Delbert Aldredge »

........bump...........
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Hi Delbert, I met Jimmy in the early 50's in the Gladewater, Kilgore area. He was working with Danny Brown playing the "Skull Orchard" circuit in the area and I was working with Gene Wortham playing the same circuit. he played with a lot of "flash" and really got into his playing. I saw him once with Ray Price a few years later, but did not get to talk to him. He was always cordial to me everytime I was around him. Good player. Jody.
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Jimmy and I were with the Jimmie Fletcher band in the early 60's with Larry Buck on guitar, Miss Billie ,piano, Lee Simpson and Sherman Hamblen, fiddles and Jelly Teagarden drums....I was playing bass. A little earlier, Jimmy and I had worked With Bill Madry along with Billy Gold on drums, Mansell Tierney piano and Dale Wilson on fiddle. Jimmy was quiet a player especially on swing.