Where to live?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

George Rout

Post by George Rout »

Hi Ray. This isn't quite a suggestion, but if you'd pay your rent, you wouldn't have to make a midnight move!!!! Geo
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

I have a friend in Ware Shoals, South Carolina that would steer you onto some gigs, I'm sure.

Maybe some Private Eye work too..

Have you checked the transferrability of your PI?

Try Pinkerton or Wackenhut. One of my relatives worked undercover for them and collected an extra 5$/hr for doing PI work on his warehouse job collaring cigarette thieves.

Good luck.

Success or Failure?

A lot of it, a guy/gal takes with him wherever he or she goes.

As they say, "There you are..".

EJL

John Bechtel

Post by John Bechtel »

Ray; There's no place I'd rather live than just 1½-mi. from Downtown Nashville, Tn. Luckily, all the unfavorable weather goes around the city's hills and passes us by! As for work, I haven't had a playing~job in over 6-yrs. and I'm within 1-yr. of your age. As far as that goes, I haven't really worked much for the past 16-yrs! I missed something, somewhere along the line, but then; you're smarter than I am, I guess!
------------------
“Big John”
a.k.a. {Keoni Nui}
Current Equipment
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by John Bechtel on 08 July 2006 at 01:37 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

I would move to Florida. All the medical stuff is there for seniors, it's flat, so the driving is easy, the weather is warm and easy on the body, maybe you can scare up some gigs in retirement places, the wife will like the fact that there will be plenty of gals in her age bracket to hang out with.
Mark Williamson

Post by Mark Williamson »

Ft Worth, Texas
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Um... how about... HAWAII??
Randy Gilliam

Post by Randy Gilliam »

China Grove Texas Lots Of cemetaries and nursing homes . Just kiddin Lots of warm weather Plenty Of work for a steeler. Hope you are happy with your choice. God bless Randy.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Ray, where ever you decide to live make sure they have internet access so you can keep the Jerry Byrd site goin or you'll get a one way ticket back to Portland. Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Andy Sandoval on 11 July 2006 at 07:09 PM.]</p></FONT>
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Might as well come to Texas. Everyone else is.
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

And like the song says.. "be one more.."

Just kidding.

I'd like to live there myself if there wasn't so much work here, gigs and otherwise.

EJL<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Eric West on 12 July 2006 at 06:12 AM.]</p></FONT>