Welcome Hank Corwin to the Forum!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Smiley Roberts

Welcome Hank Corwin to the Forum!

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Well,Hank finally broke down,shoo'd them moths outta his wallet,& plunked down five "smackeroos" to join. WELCOME ol' pal. Image Hope you can help a bunch of us out here that're lookin' for some of them "Noo Yawk City" chords on the E9th neck.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.</pre></font>

Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

What Smiley said, except more so.
Hank spent the biggest part of the day in my home, and I will never be the same. Have a big bonfire going in the back pasture now of all my musical stuff.
So glad to see this talent coming back into the fold with his new steel guitar.
Give him a big welcome folks. We need to have this talented man around for a long time.
Bill Stafford
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Welcome Hank. I look forward to your input..bb
billy tam

Post by billy tam »

Hank, Although we've never met we have a mutual friend in Paul Dutsch who used to work on the coast and has told me a lot about you. Looking forward to your forum input and hoping to hear you in August.
thanks
Billy Tam
John LeMaster

Post by John LeMaster »

Welcome to the Steel Guitar Forum, Hank. Good to have you here! It is great to hear
that you are back playing again.

John L.
JERRY THURMOND

Post by JERRY THURMOND »

Hank so glad to have you here. Jerry
L. A. Wunder

Post by L. A. Wunder »

Welcome to the Forum Mr. Corwin! I'm glad to hear you're playing again, and I look forward to any information or advice you may post in the future.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Welcome to this great forum Hank Image
i know it hurts when Smiley gets that grip on ya' but it's probably the best spent fiver you ever forked out
Yes, i wanna learn them NY chords
Tom Harris

Post by Tom Harris »

WElcome to the Forum Hank,,I just watched you on "Pop Goes The Country" with Jim Edd,,guess it was filmed back in th 70ies,It was on F R D T V....also I met You In Gulfport last June 3rd,,at the Steel Jam,,and have heard you migh be there in August,,sure hope so.....
Well again welcome to the Forum Hank...
Tom...
Marvin Stegall

Post by Marvin Stegall »

WELCOME HANK. I AM SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HELP.
Danny Kirby

Post by Danny Kirby »

Welcome Hank! I met you back in the early 70's when you were with Jim Ed Brown and Helen Cornelius out in west Texas. That was some awesome pickin' that I never ever forgot. Good luck!
pdl20

Post by pdl20 »

Hank, Welcome to the club.good to have you in here. Long time no see. Rudy Osborne
Earl Erb

Post by Earl Erb »

Hank and I worked together from 1970 to 1974 with Jim Ed.He got off the road for awhile and I stayed with JEB until 1976. We had some great musical times together and he was a blast to work with. Glad to see him back picking. Image Hello Hank.
Bobby Caldwell

Post by Bobby Caldwell »

Hank, Welcome to the forum. Now we'll have to work on getting you to St. Louis. Loveya pal, Bobby
Rich Mounce

Post by Rich Mounce »

That is great news! Years (and years) ago I had the privelege of meeting Hank and he played on one of my sessions. Session wasn't that great but oh that steel playing! Funniest thing was we had a piano player on the session and between takes Hank walked over to the piano and started playing something he had wrote...WHOOPPIIII. Piano player said "What am I doing here"...Actually he was right...What a musician...Welcome Hank..

Rich Mounce http://www.cisga.net http://www.myspace.com/cisga
Hank Corwin

Post by Hank Corwin »

It was good hearing from all of you again, especially Earl Erb & Bobby Caldwell, two of the best guitar players I've ever worked with. Both are very knowledgable musicians.
I haven't played in five years & I'm trying to get back in shape for the Aug. Steel Guitar show.
Again, I want to thank Bill Stafford for his help & friendship. Everybody has been great to me!
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

It is so good to see this about, and for, Hank Corwin. Thanks to all you great players and friends to Hank for all this wonderful friendship.
I am most fortunate in that he lives close to me. Hank called me this morning and wanted to know if it was alright for him to come over on the 5th of July to play some music. What a silly question that was. Sorta like that nine hundred pound gorilla who can sleep or play with anybody he wants to. lol
This is one first class quality musician and person. Glad he is in the area.
Hank will be on our program here in Gulfport for our Deep South Steel Show on August 5th. He can have thirty minutes or six hours or longer if he wants.
Bill Stafford
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Welcome to the forum, Hank. Now I get to "pick your brains" over the forum since I can't do it in person. Image