bobbe (hall of fame)?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Darryl Hattenhauer

Post by Darryl Hattenhauer »

As retcop88 suggests, nations in addition to the US belong in this process leading to the International Steel Guitar Convention. So two guys who have posted in this thread, John Davis and CrowBear Schmitt, might want to get involved, hint hint. They might have some info not readily known in the US.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Darryl Hattenhauer on 12 April 2006 at 03:19 PM.]</p></FONT>
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

<SMALL>To be seriously considered for HOF induction, nominations need justification for induction. A name or a few words just doesn't cut it.</SMALL>
(above from Tom Bradshaw)

You mean to tell me that the board needs a discography on Bobbe Seymour?
Isn't Bobbe's history and contributions not clearly apparent?

Just look at the long list of recommendations for him on this thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR><SMALL>It's not up to the people who favor a candidate to determine who should get inducted, because only the Board knows the facts and opinions stated about the nominees.
</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, it is up to only a small handfull of people??

That makes one question the SGHOF's credibility.................

------------------
I'd rather be opinionated, than apathetic!

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Curt Langston on 14 April 2006 at 07:04 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Curt Langston on 14 April 2006 at 07:12 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ron Kirby

Post by Ron Kirby »

If only the board knows the Facts & opinions They should tell the PEOPLE ! Why Professor Seymour Should not be in the HOF. This time around !!<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ron Kirby on 14 April 2006 at 07:55 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ron Kirby on 16 April 2006 at 03:40 PM.]</p></FONT>
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

Is it live or is it Memorex? "Only the board knows"

I guess the board could be compared to a Ouija board! Image
Ron Kirby

Post by Ron Kirby »

I was talking with Bobbe at his steel guitar store, I told him I getting ready to cut a new CD, He already had the tracks, to the songs I was going to record, Guess What? He let me use those tracks, he even put it writing for me, How much Money did that save a picker,,, 30K or maybe 40k. What a Great person this man truly is,, I dont think any one else would have done that !! Ill ask around !!(total cost to cut 14 tunes 00.00) other than the CD Pressing ! I do not charge people for this CD its for free,, They only pay postage. I just sent 2 to Houston Tex, Cost was $1.22 <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ron Kirby on 14 April 2006 at 09:00 AM.]</p></FONT>
Peter

Post by Peter »

I somehow think professor Seymour might start his own SGHOF. Image Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Peter on 14 April 2006 at 09:41 AM.]</p></FONT>
Darryl Hattenhauer

Al Marcus, Joey Ace, Jody Carver,

Any ideas from the BIG 3 on this thread? You guys would be good for taking the lead on this project. Especially you, Joey. You look like you could go bear hunting with a billy club, so you could keep people in line. Al and Jody, on the other hand, are old enough to be my grandsons.
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i really believe that dr. seymour will make this hof. he has plenty of supporters. another good one would be reece anderson.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

Darryl,
Jody and I have gone hunting with a billy club (Al was fishin).

We only caught HowardR in a bear suit. Image

Seriously, the only way into the HOF is the official nomination process. Bobbe deserves it, but he'll tell you there are many others that also are overdue. Since only two or three are inducted each year, the wait will continue.

Bobbe's already in the "HOF of our Hearts".
Jody's in both. Howard's still in his bear suit.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

Let me add, I have no inside info, and no idea who will be inducted this year. I have friends on the Board, and out of respect for the process, never lobby for anyone.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Joey....I'm in my....bare suit... Image

<SMALL>he has plenty of supporters</SMALL>

He's got a whole drawer full of them! Some even date back before pedals. It's been said that Bobbe has b@lls of steel, so if he doesn't make it into the HOF this year, I say we all chip in and award him a bronzed supporter..... Image Image

<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre>on second thought, bronze & steel? electrolytic action may fuse them together....</pre></font> <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by HowardR on 16 April 2006 at 04:34 PM.]</p></FONT>
Peter

Post by Peter »

<SMALL>I somehow think professor Seymour might start his own SGHOF.</SMALL>
<SMALL>Bobbe's already in the "HOF of our Hearts".</SMALL>
You see what I mean? Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Peter on 15 April 2006 at 09:30 AM.]</p></FONT>
Darryl Hattenhauer

Joey,

I agree totally with you about respecting the process. So I thank you for mentioning it, because the best way to get all the deserving people into the HOF is to let the process work.

Also, I've been trying to respect the process and the nominees by trying to get experienced steelers involved. (I still haven't figured out what those wires on top of my steel are for.)

So at this point, should I try to find a leader by emailing away from the forum? Should I ask Bobbe himself? I guess if he's going to be nominated, then somebody has to contact him, but I don't have the expertise.

I think that out of respect to all nominees and the process, I ought to just stand back now and leave it in the hands of the accomplished people.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I'm just a weekend warrior, club player, Darryl.
Any fame I have is a result of my exposure here.

I don't think you need any Super Picker credentials to prepare a nomination. Any college professor could do the research and prepare the nomination. Image Go for it!
Ron Kirby

Post by Ron Kirby »

Is a nomination being prepared ?
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

<SMALL>who ever gets in won't see me this year anyway</SMALL>

Sorry to hear that. Why don't we just send you one of Bobbe's supporters then? I heard that 1974 was a good year.... Image Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by HowardR on 16 April 2006 at 04:26 PM.]</p></FONT>
Darryl Hattenhauer

Howard,

Uh, what kind of supporter?
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Well, I thought we'd send a vintage '74, but on second thought, the bouquet is somewhat weak. Bit of a dry year...... Image

May I suggest an '82?... Image
Ron Kirby

Post by Ron Kirby »

HowardR,, You told Joey you were in your BARE! suit! definition of BARE = to expose ones self!!! Now ! you say you had a bit of a dry year ?? What are you talking about? Sounds like you need your SUPPORTERS !! on this one ! <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ron Kirby on 17 April 2006 at 05:58 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ron Kirby on 19 April 2006 at 06:32 AM.]</p></FONT>
Billy Carr
Restricted

Post by Billy Carr »

When you mention the "Big boys or heavyweights", Bobbe's right at the top. No excuses for this great steel player not to be in the SGHOF. BS has probably forgotten more about steel guitar than a lot of us will ever know. Truly a legend in the world of steel guitar. I also like to read his comments on the forum. I've learned several things about the "Sho-Bud" era for example that I didn't know. When he writes his book, I definitely want a copy. He's got my support!
Ron Kirby

Post by Ron Kirby »

He SHOULD have be inducted 10 years ago !!