Lloyd Greens New Show-Pro S/N 0001

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

autry andress

Lloyd Greens New Show-Pro S/N 0001

Post by autry andress »

Looks like Lloyd has a new Show-Pro built by Mr Duane Marrs. Check it out....Nice
ebb

Post by ebb »

Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

I talked to Duane on the phone last week.........what a great conversation. A really nice guy. Him and Jeff are very excited about this new guitar. I had a few questions about the Show-Pro and he told me all about what was happening.....I think this guitar is going to be very successful.
Elizabeth West

Post by Elizabeth West »

Now that is one hot looking Pedal Steel Guitar.

------------------

My Website

Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Lloyd Green doesn't play garbage. These are guitars are monster for tone and playabilty, and looks.
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

I looked but couldn't find the prices for the new Show-Pro . What a beautiful guitar ! G.P.
Jon Zimmerman

Post by Jon Zimmerman »

Gosh, somebody should warn Lloyd about colorblindness! Looks blue fade-away, not Green! Guess he likes the sound so much it didn't matter. Image
Roger Shackelton

Post by Roger Shackelton »

I wonder if Duane has plans to build
S-12U guitars?
James Cann

Post by James Cann »

<SMALL>Lloyd Green doesn't play garbage.</SMALL>
Nor would he change marques lightly, I imagine.

Makes me feel even better about the LDG I always wanted and finally got.

PS: I don't think he'll let his go lightly, either.
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by James Cann on 14 May 2006 at 02:17 PM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

<SMALL>Nor would he change marques lightly, I imagine.</SMALL>
All I know is a few months ago at the HOF ceremony he brought THE Sho-Bud LDG. My guess is no endorsement or new guitar is going to replace that Image

(edited to remove comments irrelevant to the topic at hand).<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Joe Alterio on 16 May 2006 at 09:35 AM.]</p></FONT>
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

...I believe Lloyd's Sho~Bud is mostly Sho-Pro now...Jeff and Duane can make a Bud work much better than new.

------------------
http://home.comcast.net/~steves_garage

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Hinson on 14 May 2006 at 05:32 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Hinson on 14 May 2006 at 05:38 PM.]</p></FONT>
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

looks like a nice guitar but than again I always loved Sho~Bud so no wonder I like this,it is pretty darn close.
I personaly play what I like and I have to try guitar before I`ll buy it .If tone and playability are there I don`t bother with a name on the guitar or what famous player endorses it.

Db

------------------
"Promat"
~when tone matters~ www.promatsteelguitars.com

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Damir Besic on 14 May 2006 at 05:30 PM.]</p></FONT>
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

<SMALL>I believe Lloyd's Sho~Bud is mostly Sho-Pro now</SMALL>
Good point....I had forgotten that I saw they had helped refurbish it.

I am eager to hear the pricing on the Sho-Pro's....they look beautiful.

Joe
James Cann

Post by James Cann »

<SMALL>All I know is a few months ago at the HOF ceremony he brought THE Sho-Bud LDG. My guess is no endorsement or new guitar is going to replace that.</SMALL>
The defense rests!
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

------------------

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Steve Hinson on 14 May 2006 at 08:08 PM.]</p></FONT>
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Nice!!! Image
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Well,I just got an e-mail stating that Lloyd Green's Sho~Bud is in fact still almost all Sho~Bud...I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous posts regarding this subject.

------------------

Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

Dear Mr. Cann, No defense needed. It was at that HOF celebration where Dot Green helped us with the color scheme we would use on the New Lloyd Green model, before it was finished by AJ Nelson. It was most fitting that he have the Sho-Bud there. After all it was the first LDG built that Duane had a hand in too. Thanks, Jeff
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Does anyone know what the scale length is on the Sho-Pros?
I know that Lloyd's famous Bud has a longer than 24" scale... 24 1/4 maybe?...and I'm wondering what the standard scale for these gtrs is, and if Lloyd's is longer?

Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

From the just-launched Jackson Steel Guitars website, a quote from Lloyd:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR><SMALL>...(the) new Jackson Steel has in my view the finest sound I have heard since the great era of Sho-Bud, circa 1967-1980.
</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that he has a Jackson (I presume) and a Marrs, he doesn't need that old LDG anymore....so I'll just be the first to ask to take it off his hands. Image

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Joe Alterio on 16 May 2006 at 05:27 AM.]</p></FONT>
Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

Lloyd does not own a Jackson or a Marrs guitar, however, Duane,Harry and David are very close friends and certainly the quote is accurate. The Show Pro was not available at the time he played the Jackson. The LDG is not available at any price, as far as I know. Thanks for your comment Joe.

Skip, since all of ours are custom builds we can make either scale desired. Standard scale is 24 1/4'' for us. The 24'' may have a different fretboard though. I haven't had a 24'' printed and hope not to because of the additional cost. There are other fretboards available. The new fretboard was installed on Lloyd's last week. The pattern is a snowflake design, like the inlay work on a banjo. It comes in a choice of colors, red, black and white or just black and white. Also, we have extra frets and they
can be cut to any length. The extra frets are good for chiming.Jeff
Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

Sorry, Duane...I meant Sho Pro, not Marrs. Image
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

So...we know Lloyd still likes his old 'Bud! But he also likes the Show~Pro? But he also likes the new Jackson? Maybe the myth about what's the "best guitar" (and if there is one at all) has finally been buried?

Thank Heavens! Image Image Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Donny Hinson on 17 May 2006 at 09:38 AM.]</p></FONT>
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

I'd like to see,and test drive a D-10 Show~Pro.Is Duane Marrs the builder? It looks like a Sho~Bud,but a deluxe model,with all the modern technology applied. Image
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Sho Pro looks great,so does Jackson,so does Carter and MSA and Franklin and .....oh ..so many guitars and so little cash

Db

------------------
"Promat"
~when tone matters~ www.promatsteelguitars.com