Bobby Koefer, Cindy Cashdollar, John Rauhouse

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Walter Stettner

Bobby Koefer, Cindy Cashdollar, John Rauhouse

Post by Walter Stettner »

One great thing about the steel conventions is that there is music everywhere, musicians are gathering in small side rooms, there are jam sessions all over the place - like this one with Bobby Koefer, Cindy Cashdollar and John Rauhouse in St. Louis (Fender room) in 2005...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v732ZAChto

Enjoy!

Kind Regards, Walter

www.lloydgreentribute.com
www.austriansteelguitar.at.tf
Billy Wilson

Post by Billy Wilson »

This Youtube thing is cool. There has been alot of great stuff around here lately. Thanks for posting. Keep em coming!!
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Great post! Love seeing Cindy play.

------------------
Thomas SD10 3/4 and D10 8/5 Beginner

Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

Bobby Koefer is awesome. What an original!

Hey, Walter, I like your playing on the Tracy's Waltz video.

Check out Barbara Mandrell on the C neck:
youtube

------------------
<font size=1>Drew Howard - website - Fessenden guitars, 70's Fender Twin, etc.</font>

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Drew Howard on 26 February 2006 at 06:23 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Drew Howard on 26 February 2006 at 06:26 PM.]</p></FONT>
Keith Cordell

Post by Keith Cordell »

I had never heard of BK before, very interesting- I'd like to know more about him. Rauhouse is an old favorite from way back. Wish we could get him involved in the forum. Cindy is... well she's Cindy! Yeow, what a style.
Dan Dowd

Post by Dan Dowd »

This is a great site. Is there a way to save these on my computer.
Jerry Horner

Post by Jerry Horner »

Is there a secret to getting these to load? It tells me it is loading, but never starts.

Thanks,

Jerry
John Rosett

Post by John Rosett »

keith-
bobby did a couple of albums with tom morrell. you can find out which ones at tom's website.
Walter Stettner

Jerry,

It was a little tricky for me in the beginning, too. When you go to the page, it usually starts to load automatically (watch the grey bar on the bottom of the screen to see the loading status). I usually press the pause button and let it complete the loading; once it is complete, I hit play again and start the video. Then I can also use the full screen mode. If you use the full screen button while it is loading, usually (at least with me), it only says "loading" with nothing happening.

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards, Walter

Jim Meiring

Post by Jim Meiring »

many thanks Walter. i was in the audience at this jam and had almost forgotten about it. Is the any video of Cindy, Maurice and Paul Franklin playing pedal-less in the MSA room?
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

WALTER, MANY ,MANY THANKS FOR THIS POST...
I LOVE IT,,,,, JENNINGS U PK;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +

Casey Lowmiller

Post by Casey Lowmiller »

Keith,

Search the forum...probably no peddlers and steel players. Bobby Koefer is mentioned & discussed several times. He's amazing to listen to & even more amazing to see in person. He's a top flight entertainer through & through.

He was in several top bands like Pee Wee King's Golden West Cowboys & Bob Wills Texas Playboys & I think some of the other Wills bands.

He's an incredible player...never heard or seen anything like him before...and I'm sure that there will never be another.

------------------
Known Coast to Coast as
"The Man with The Plan"

Fender Pedal 800, Fender Champion & a Homemade Double-neck!
Walter Stettner

I am sure that our friend and fellow forumite Roy Ayres can tell alot of stories about Bobby Koefer. Roy is a good friend of Bobby - When Bobby Koefer was elected into the SGHOF in 2004, Roy accepted the award as Bobby was unable to be present. I am so glad that I was able to see and hear him in person when he returned to St. Louis in 2005!

Kind Regards, Walter

Brett Habben

Post by Brett Habben »

Dan,
Amazing variety of stuff on that site! It's become one of my favorites. You can save them by copying them out of your browser cache after fully loading. Locate them by sorting by size. Copy them out to another directory and save with a *.flv extension. Then use an FLV player like one of the ones listed at http://www.flvplayer.com.
Good Luck!
Brett
Walter Stettner

Brett,

The file appears a a *.tmp file which I cannot save, rename or copy. Everytime I try to do that, I get the message "file in use, close the application" (or similar). When I do that, the tmp file is also gone.

I suppose I must be downloaded somewhere on my PC. Where do you find the Cache folder you mentioned?

Thanks, Walter

Brett Habben

Post by Brett Habben »

Walter,
Which browser are you using? I've been using Internet Explorer 6.x, and it lets me copy the files out. You may not be on the right file. They should be several meg in size. You can find the cache directory by going to 'tools', 'internet options', 'settings', and write down the path under 'Temporary Internet files folder' next to 'Current location'. Then browse to the folder from network neighborhood to that directory. If you can't see anything, check the properties of the folder to make sure that you are showing hidden and system files. You should see at least one subdirectory under that folder, and the cached video will located in one of the subdirectories.
Once you've located the directory, you can narrow the search by clearing the cache immediately before going to the URL. You should be able to find the file by toggling between IE and Windows Explorer examining the contents of the caching subdirectories, sorting on size and doing refreshes.
Good Luck!
Brett<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Brett Habben on 03 March 2006 at 05:45 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jeff Agnew

Post by Jeff Agnew »

You can read the instructions in my post in this thread for an easier way to download YouTube files directly to your computer.
Walter Stettner

Thanks, Guys!

Got it!

Kind Regards, Walter