Johnny Cox and Corky Owens Sat Nite

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Pat Coyne

Johnny Cox and Corky Owens Sat Nite

Post by Pat Coyne »

I had the wonderful pleasure of hearing two GIANTS play Saturday nite in Ft Worth. 1st my best friend Johnny Cox with Justin Trevino playing the MSA "Ida Red" yep, she who must be obeyed (Joanie) graciously let him take it out for the nite...and the tone just sliced through so cleanly. Then Corky blew us all away with just a wonderful show with Gene Watson..playing his beautiful Raines guitar, and again such a sweet tone, I happened to be sitting next to Johnny and over and over he said "man Corky plays GREAT" Thanks to Buddy Hrbal and all for a relaxing fun nite!
MIKEHOLLAND

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

It just don't get any better than that. Both are absolute monster players.And although I've never met Johnny personally, I got to open for Gene Watson at a recent concert, and Corky and his Rains guitar totally filled the entire hall with some of the most sweetest playing I've ever heard in my life. Not only that he is one of the nicest people I've ever met. The next presidential election I'm scratching out G.W. Bush or whoever and writing in Corky Owens for president.
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

I'm with you, Mike, I heard and saw Corky Owens a few months ago wit Gene Watson. He sounded great and that Rains is really pretty. And of course, Johnny is a master steeler. I love to hear him and Joannie tegether on Steel Radio.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum SD12U, Carter D10 8/8, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3, DD-3, Fender Steel King, Understanding wife. http://www.Charmedmusic.com