Ric Boyer

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Pat Coyne

Ric Boyer

Post by Pat Coyne »

I know Ric is not a steel player but didn't know where to post this..I had the honor of attending the last NTSGA jam and listening to Ric play bass in the backup band. WOW, his tone and just how well he was playing on tunes i know he was not familiar with and mangaged to stay "in the pocket"..i have never heard him play better. I mentioned it to Johnny Cox and John was telling me how great he played in St Louis. It's always a pleasure to hear Ric and even greater to get a chance to visit. Look forward to some more jams.
Earl Erb

Post by Earl Erb »

Ditto's on that Pat. Image
Larry Schoppe

Post by Larry Schoppe »

Earl & Pat, I agree that Ric is a great bass player, but have you ever heard Johnny Cox on bass? He is one of the best bass players I have ever heard!

------------------
Western Swing ain't dead, it's Asleep at the Wheel

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Larry Schoppe on 05 November 2005 at 04:16 PM.]</p></FONT>
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

He's easy on the eyes too! Image
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Ric is one of my favorite musicians. I'm always glad to hear him play. He was part of that great St. Louis Convention house band that recorded Buddy Emmons' live albums in the l970s.
Chuck
Bobby Caldwell

Post by Bobby Caldwell »

Ric and I worked many years together in St.Louis giging around town. He is a great player and funny as well. But just as important a great guy. I miss those days when we worked together but they are wonderful memories. It is always a hoot to work with Ric. Bobby
Buck Reid

Post by Buck Reid »

I've been a fan of Ric's ever since i heard his playing on the Buddy Emmons "Live" from St. Louis recording in 1977. We have become great friends over the last 10 years or so and he is indeed a great guy! I was thrilled when he agreed to play on my latest CD and man...did he ever play!! I'm always happy to "chime in" with praise for my dear friend and GREAT player Image
Randy Hess

Post by Randy Hess »

Ric is a great player & on top of that, he's a great person. You won't find many better.
Pat Coyne

Post by Pat Coyne »

Theresa..I just have not got quite THAT lonely yet. Lol.