Jimmy Day's "Indian Love Call"

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Nathan Delacretaz

Jimmy Day's "Indian Love Call"

Post by Nathan Delacretaz »

If by some wild chance you haven't ever heard this tune (#12 on the Bear Family release "Steel & Strings"), do so soon! And if you have headphones handy, listen with them to hear all sorts of cool lo-fi hisses and light bar noise. It will rock your world.
Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

I go to sleep every night to that CD starting with Cut 12 (Indian Love Call)
Nathan Delacretaz

Post by Nathan Delacretaz »

Well amen, brother! Although I've owned and loved this disk for months, I just listened to it on headphones for the first time earlier today and it blew my mind.
erik

Post by erik »

Dave, I have done the EXACT same thing many times. Lately I have been snoozing to Bobby Seymour's Priceless...... hmmm, that doesn't sound right, does it? :P
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

Here, here.

------------------
<font size=1>Drew Howard - website - Fessenden D-10 8/8, Fessenden SD-12 5/5 (Ext E9), Magnatone S-8, N400's, BOSS RV-3</font>

Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

One of my alltime favorite recordings.Have listened to it many times.Pure raw steel played with heart,soul,and feelings performed by a genius. In my opinion it would have been even better if the background vocals had been left out.Jimmy didn't need the over producing on this recording.The overkill only got in his way. I've never heard anyone that put as much soul in a ballard as Jimmy. My favorite side of this C.D. is the up tempo side. His interpretation of the old steel guitar standards such Road side rag,Bud's bounce,Bootheel drag,Panhandle rag,etc,etc, were awesome.
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Is there a video recording of Jimmy Day talking? I never had the pleasure of meeting him. There is a terrific dvd of him with Ray Price. I think that it's unfortunate that today some of us look for any bit of video of Curly, Jimmy or any of the past greats and it would have been great to have recorded an interview like Jay Dee Manness's videos. Why not record yesterday today?
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Golden Steel Guitar Hits..Steel and Strings.

Got both when they were released on vinyl waaaaay back when, have them both on CD now, pure absolute heart wrenching,soulfull steel playing at the very best. And I don't think he had knee levers then,(maybe one).

Bill
Jeanie Richardson

Post by Jeanie Richardson »

I have been raving about this song for some time now. So glad to hear the "professional"
reviews. Dear Jimmy..........