Thank's to Bill Mayville

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill McCloskey

Thank's to Bill Mayville

Post by Bill McCloskey »

A while back I complained about the lack of good teaching material. Bill Mayville contacted me and offered to send me a CD with some stuff to help me.

The CD arrived and because my steel was in need of repair, I didn't get around to listening to it till this weekend.

Holy Mackeral! Bill put a informative private lesson on CD for me that is just fantastic. It must be an hour of instruction that he went out of his way to send me. I hear he makes great Jerky too.

Thanks Bill. Bill told me he has a DVD coming out.. I plan on ordering it as soon as its available.
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

I'll second your thoughts on the young man...(I'm a week older than he is!)

Bill is a great guy, very willing to share his knowledge...he's also a REALLY good 6 string picker...(His Jerky is GREAT, and also
his salsa!)

A truely good man.

Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

Well,,

I gotta third that on Mr. Mayville,,

Some time back he sent me a cd also, great stuff on it, really helped.

Been tryin to get over to Vegas and visit with him, just haven't made it yet.

Larry

------------------
Emmons S/D-10, 3/4, Sessions 400 Ltd. Home Grown E/F Rack
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"

Lawrence Sullivan

Post by Lawrence Sullivan »

There are several more of us out here that owe Bill a big Thank You for all his efforts helping So Thanks Bill you are a great fellow
Larry
Gary Ulinskas

Post by Gary Ulinskas »

A few years back, I got an e-mail from Bill with some very nice hints on steel playing tricks in response to a post I put on this FORUM. He and I corresponded back a forth a few times. Then my computer hard drive got ruined by a virus, and I lost his e-mail address. Apparently, he is not a member of this FORUM. I have done searches in all the archives for USER NAME "Mayville" and come up dry. The only way I can find him is by using his name in the SEARCH WORD box. If anyone could send me his current e-mail address, I would be most appreciative, as I am planning to go to Vegas in September.
Thanks.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Gary Ulinskas on 06 July 2005 at 04:03 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Gary Ulinskas on 06 July 2005 at 04:05 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Gary...You've got an e-mail

What the hell,,,I'll just post his e-mail here.....He'd probably enjoy getting some......If not he'll have to change his address!!

steelinlasvegas@cox.net <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jack Francis on 06 July 2005 at 08:19 AM.]</p></FONT>
Gary Ulinskas

Post by Gary Ulinskas »

Jack Francis.
Soooo sorry. I've got to edit my profile on the FORUM to update my e-mail address since I switched to hi-speed cable internet.
(see my post in FORUM FEEDBACK)
please resend to garyulinskas@hotmail.com
Thanks<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Gary Ulinskas on 06 July 2005 at 05:38 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Gary,,check my last post.