The Vilages, Florida

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Charlie Campney

The Vilages, Florida

Post by Charlie Campney »

Any players, events, clubs near The Villages, Ocala, Lady Lake, Leesburg? If things go right, we are hoping to move there later on this year. Thanks
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Charlie,
Check out our Florida Steel Guitar Club post for details.
We are only about 30 minutes away from the Villages.
Come check us out,you won't regret it.
Don
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Along with our Fla Steel Guitar Club, there is a weekly Opry Show in Wiersdale, about 5 minutes from the Villages. There is another weekly Opry in Eustis, about 30 minutes south of the Villages. Both of these places have "name" Nashville singers occasionaly in the winter.

I work a weekly "jam show" at Catfish Johnny's in Lake Panasoffkee (same place we have our club meetings). The weekly shows run from the 1st Tuesday in November until the last Tuesday in April. There is a map on our club web page showing where Catfish Johnny's is located (Lake Panasoffkee is in Sumter Co the same as most of the Villages).

In addition we have some Nashville singers touring here in the winter. I worked at tour with George Hamilton IV this winter, the past two winters I worked with Tommy Cash (and scheduled to work with him here in Florida next Feb). A steeler friend is currently on tour with Jack Greene in this area.

My Web site and the Club's web site are at http://web.tampabay.rr.com/jstoner1
Charlie Campney

Post by Charlie Campney »

Thanks Jack and Don, I got a call this afternoon from Nick Reed who recently played with you guys. He is in Springfield, TN which isn't too far from where I live. He said that you were a great bunch of guys and that he really enjoyed his visit. If we get down your way, I will be looking forward to meeting y'all.

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Charlie Campney on 12 March 2005 at 06:58 PM.]</p></FONT>