Jim Ashton

Whats happening in San Diego

Post by Jim Ashton »

I will be in San Diego for at least 2 weeks and
probably more. Can anyone enlighten me on the steelers there? Thanks
Jim Ashton
Jim West

Post by Jim West »

Gerry Walker (GD Walker Electronics - Stereo Steel Amps) is the hot player in town. Give him a call (619 460 5008) and see where he's playing. He does some amazing things on that 12 string Fessenden of his.

Have fun
Jim Ashton

Post by Jim Ashton »

Thanks Jim, I will.
Jim Ashton

Post by Jim Ashton »

Thanks Jim, I will.
Gary Ulinskas

Post by Gary Ulinskas »

Hi Jim,
You can find out what Jerry's band is doing at www.workingcowboyband.com.

Rick Schmidt of "Porkpie Hat" jazz fame plays Saturday Night gigs up at Ron's Redeye Saloon in Falbrook which is a good 2 hour drive from downtown San Diego. That crowd wouldn't appreciate no porkpie hat stuff so he does roclkabilly and country for those folks. It is something to watch him with a regular guitar strapped over his shoulder and a pedal steel set out in front, switching back and forth as the music requires. Call Ron's first to make sure Rick's band is scheduled on the weekend you are here or contact Rick at
questgig@pe.net
Hope you have nice weather here.

------------------
Gary Ulinskas
MSA S-12 + Walker mono

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gary Ulinskas on 26 March 2004 at 09:34 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gary Ulinskas on 26 March 2004 at 09:35 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Gary Ulinskas on 26 March 2004 at 09:40 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

Hey Gary...thanks for the plug. Image

Jim...It doesnt look like I'm gonna be playing steel at Rons Red Eye in the near future. Our next booking there is with me on bass cuz our bass player needs to take off.
We might use another steeler though. Maybe the great Kevin Ryan if he's available.

BTW...Gerry Walker is the Bomb! Definitely go see him if you can!