Who's playing Nashville Feb 20 and 21

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Watson

Who's playing Nashville Feb 20 and 21

Post by Bob Watson »

I will be in Nashville this weekend and I would like to know where all of you Nashville forumites are playing. I will probably check out Broadway and The Broken Spoke and Gabes, but if any of you are playing off the beatin' path, let me know.
Frank Parish

Post by Frank Parish »

Bring your stuff and play with us Bob. I've got a spot on the bandstand for you. Bring your guitar and your steel. We'll have a ball. I'll even buy you a beer! No debates just playing.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Bob, If you run into Eddie Lange playing downtown somewhere, you are in for a treat. The guy can play.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Bob,

I'll be at Robert's Sat. from 10:00 am till 2:00 p.m and also there on Sun. from 12:00 noon till 4:00 p.m. Come on by and see me.

Mike Sweeney
David Spires

Post by David Spires »

I'll be playing with Brit Stokes - the 21st, 9:30-11:00p.m., at Douglas Corner...

Have a good visit here in Nashvegas,

David Spires
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Bob,
For all intents & purposes,Broken Spoke is "closed". No music there. Larry Rolens will be playin' at Gabe's. I'll be playin' at the "Cowboy Saloon",in Gallatin,w/ Bobby Randall,on Friday. I realize it's "off the beaten path",but it's a fun place,& I guarantee,you'll hear REAL Country Music.
It's located in the heart of downtown Gallatin,just a block from the court house,on No. Water St.(Rt.109)

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Smiley,do they still have the metal detectors up at the Cowboy Saloon?Just kidding...your friend,Steve
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Bob,

It was great seeing and talking with you again. Don't be a stranger here. It was also great to see C. Sharp too! I hope you made it home o.k.
And I'm glad you remember my advise about the moonshine. LOL! Take care.

Mike
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

Mike, it was great seeing and hearing you play Sunday afternoon. You sounded fantastic and your cd, Steelin' on Broadway is a testament to the fact that you are a world class steel player. Scotty needs to book you at the ISGC, I'm sure you would be a hit. Words can't describe the great feeling your cd gives me each time I hear it! Nashville is definately the land of great steel guitarists. I also got to see Cal Sharp, Frank Parish, Terry Wendt and Carco Clave play, and all of them sounded great too.
I spent a few hours on Saturday afternoon visiting with Jimmie Crawford. Roger Ricker was there picking up a new JCH for his brother Billy. What a beautiful Steel! Sitting behind this steel was like sitting behind the wheel of a Rolls Royce. It had the growl of an old Emmons and the pedal action was incredible. Billy is a lucky man. Jimmie is in the process of building Buddy Emmons a new steel, a double neck with 10 strings on the top neck and 12 on the bottom. I can't wait to hear what Buddy sounds like on it. I had a great weekend, even got a little fishing in. I am looking foreward to my next vist.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bob Watson on 23 February 2004 at 02:45 PM.]</p></FONT>
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

Here's some of the action at Robert's Sunday w/Mike and Jackie Harris. I don't know if it'll play on a Windoze box, but it plays on a Mac; it's a Quick Time movie. Roberts
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Cal,

I couldn't get it to work, just a blank screen. I even went to your website and couldn't find it. We must have broke your camera. HA! HA! HA!
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

I think the problem is that Windows Media Player and Real Player won't play a Quick Time movie, which is what this is. You need a Quick Time player for Windows, downloadable from www.apple.com.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

I got it Cal. And it's a wonder your camera didn't break.

Mike
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Excellent picking!! Image Image

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

Glad you guys could get it. Terrible backlighting problem at Robert's, what with that window. I'll try to come back on a cloudy day next time...

C#
Jimmie Crawford

Post by Jimmie Crawford »

Just a little correction Bob. Roger was not picking up his brother's guitar. It was shipped directly to Bill in Florida. And thanks Bob for the kind words about our guitar. Jimmie