Hall of Fame? What about Sonny Garrish?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Wayne Cox

Post by Wayne Cox »

Why isn't Sonny already in the SGHOF? It makes you wonder if things like creativity,outstanding technique,tone,& integrity really count for anything with the steel guitar powers that be?!*! Sonny and Maurice both definitely deserve it!
Bobbe, you sure hit the nail on the head with this one!
~~W.C.~~
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Thank you Wayne, You are one of my favorite players. Your opinion of Sonny in much appreciated,
Wish you were still here in Nashville with us!
Know whats funny? Sonny doesn't even know what's being said about him. No internet, no computer anymore, I believe. He's to busy working anyway!
Fred Ermentrout

Post by Fred Ermentrout »

Kudos to all who are in the Hall of Fame (although the Santo and Johnny thing was a bit of a stretch). Kudos to Sonny Garrish for his many achievements, and (so I'm told) the fact that he is as nice and as professional a person with whom one could work. Few, if any steel players have played on as many recordings, master sessions and otherwise, than Sonny, and he is in his FOURTH decade of doing this. Perhaps the "Convention clique" that places these obtuse plaques on the basement wall of an urban hotel should seek some input from other players with credentials similar to Sonny's, from Eddie Stubbs, from artists and producers, and while they're at it, objectively read some of the poignant posts on this subject that seems to rear it's frustrated head each year at this time. Until then, and as long as Sonny (and Maurice Anderson) are absent from the wall by the escalator................
Reggie Duncan

Post by Reggie Duncan »

"Amarillo By Morning" George Strait
"Still" Bill Anderson