Al Moss..."Hillbilly Idol"

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Randy Reams

Al Moss..."Hillbilly Idol"

Post by Randy Reams »

I recently received a gift of a CD from a band called "Hillbilly Idol". The steel guitar work performed by Al is " to say the least" original, creative, melodic and tasteful. The tone is great and the playing is SO good. The blend of Rockabilly, Bluegrass, Western Swing, and straight ahead country shows off Al's many talents on his instrument. Mike Daly (yes THE Mike Daly)also does a great job on the resophonic guitar on this album. This CD is a must have for ALL steel guitar fans. Pleast tell Bill I said thanks for the CD and, if you ever find yourself needing a drummer call me. Great job Al! Randy Reams
Randy Reams

Post by Randy Reams »

BTW Al ...Do you give (or sell) lessons? I would like to get on your student list if you teach. Thanks, RandyReams@aol.com
(440)647-3217
Al Moss

Post by Al Moss »

Holy Cow Randy, thanks for the compliments. I'm really pleased to hear that you're enjoying the disc. I'm ususally the guy thats asking folks for lessons but I'd be happy to get together and sit down with you to kick around what we know or fake on the steel.
Maybe you knew Mike Daly from when he was residing near you in Grafton, OH. He has long since been a TN resident but up here we played together in a band for several years, him on steel and me on elec. gtr. Standing, night after night, listening to Mike play was great fun and that's the standard that I hear when going after this or that thing that I'll try on the steel. http://www.hillbillyidol.com
Randy Reams

Post by Randy Reams »

Hi Al, Yes I do know Mike Daly.
He used to come into my Dads music store and buy stuff.
Dad says Mike bought his first Buddy Emmons learn to play pedal steel album from him.
Mikes nephew Patrick and my son Jared are best friends. Mikes brother Bill lives about 1 block from me now. I used to like watching him play when he was playing in a band called "Reckless Abandon" in the early 80's. My dad runs into him from time to time. He too moved to Nashville in 86. I will take you up on a lesson anytime. Thanks, Randy
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

Al,

You da man!

Drew Howard

------------------
www.newslinkassociates.com
www.drewhoward.com

Al Moss

Post by Al Moss »

Drew,

No, you da man.

Anything happenin with you at Wheatland this year? Paul, from our band will be playing with somebody, I've forgotten for the moment, exactly who it is.

Best,
Al