PV Nash 1000/European Steelers Gather round !

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

CrowBear Schmitt

PV Nash 1000/European Steelers Gather round !

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

For those of you Steelers in Europa who would like to have a PV Nashville 1000 and can't cause they are not Xported,
THE TIME HAS COME to send Mike Brown at Peavey your requests.
mbrown@peavey.com
look at this thread and read Mike's Post: http://www.steelguitarforum.com/Forum11/HTML/003148.html
let's see if we can "get the ball rollin'"
and don't forget to round up the Steelers you know who would be interested in having one.

------------------
Steel what?

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 21 December 2002 at 03:15 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Crow - I think we are on a loser here. I contacted Mike Brown quite a while back to see whether Peavey intended to make the Nashville 1000 & 2000 available to UK players. He replied that it is not commercially viable to export to Europe owing to stringent safety checks and the prohibitive cost of mains transformers. So there we have it - Peavey were happy to export the Session 500 and Nashville 400 to Europe but not the new digital 1000 series. I think that Mike has seriously underestimated the number of players in Europe who would jump at the chance the get a Nashville 1000. In the meantime, I will make do with my Nashville 400 and Jazz Classic amps.
CrowBear Schmitt

Ken did you read Mike's post on the link above ?
it might look like a dead horse to you but i would like to see us Foreigners contact Mike Brown so that he can do his survey and maybe if there's enough of a demand (which is going to be right dodgy mate !) we just might get Lucky and PV might do something for us.
So if you want a Nash 1000 just say so right here.
BTW: i've been goin' through Online Steelers of the World (Unite)and i've been sending emails to all of the Steelers that i have found in Europa hoping that they'll jump on this dead horse.
i've noticed that 4 amps out of 5 that are found amongst them are PVs<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 21 December 2002 at 09:42 AM.]</p></FONT>
Joerg Hennig

Post by Joerg Hennig »

Thanks Crowbear, but I´ll stick to Fender. (Sorry - I couldn´t help it...) Happy Holidays! Image
CrowBear Schmitt

No Sweat Joe ! i've got a Twin that i'm happy with too !
but i want to push this Onward anyway !
So Far i've gotten some favorable replies from a few Steelers in: Australia,Holland,Germany,France,Norway,+ Denmark.
i'll sum it up once i get more replies.

------------------
Steel what?

Graham Griffith

Post by Graham Griffith »

If the amp is lighter and gives similar performance to my Nashville 400 ... it's a good thing. However, if it's horrendously expensive, I'd rather keep the Nashville 400. I'm so passionate about the weight factor that I use an Electro Harmonix Freedom amp (15 watts) on small gigs (where we play dynamically) ... and I play an E13th 12 stringer going down to a "Bb" note !!!

Come on Peavey, I'm sure that you can do better than Electro Harmonix on the weight factor (with a lower output ... say 50 watts)

Graham<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Graham Griffith on 22 December 2002 at 05:00 AM.]</p></FONT>
CrowBear Schmitt

So far a few Steelers are getting the Nash 1000 direct from the US (Scotty or SGN)
cause they need one and they'll take it as it is.
if PV does'nt get it off the ground for us here, i'll do the same and get mine from Bobbeeee !
Uwe Haegg

Post by Uwe Haegg »

I think it would be great if Peavey made this amp available to us overseas.
They export many fine amps to Europe, why not the Nasville 1000?
Uwe Haegg

Post by Uwe Haegg »

Edited for spelling<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Uwe Haegg on 22 December 2002 at 08:09 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ole Dantoft

Post by Ole Dantoft »

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ole Dantoft on 26 February 2004 at 10:41 AM.]</p></FONT>
CrowBear Schmitt

Well so far i've gotten quite a few replies
i want to Thank you Guys for that !
France 7 buyers 4
Holland 6 buyers 2
Norway 7 buyers 2
Denmark 3 buyers 2
Germany 5 buyers 3
Great Britain 1 buyers 1
Australia 2 buyers 1
that's 15 potential buyers in 2 days.
3 have ordered direct from the US already
i'm still sending mails out so i have'nt got it all in yet.
Mike Brown sent me a Post and i asked him to post here
Gotta Go but i shall return w: more
Ivan Posa

Post by Ivan Posa »

I have a NV 1000 I use with a step-down transformer which is quite heavy and inconvenient to carry around. I would be happy to pay whatever it cost to have it in 230 volt form. I spoke to Mike Brown about this when I bought it and he explained that Peavey had no plans to produce a non 110 volt version as it would not be economic to do so. My reply was that I would be happy to pay the price of the conversion as long as it was available. Peavey does their DPC series power amps in 230 volts which have a switch-mode power supply . I wouldnt think they sell huge numbers of those overseas either....IP

------------------
Henning Antonsen

Post by Henning Antonsen »

If Peavey would market their Nashville 1000's in Europe, built for 220 Volts, I would definetely be in the market for one. I was in fact shopping for one this spring, but always got the same answer: "We've never heard of that amp!". Now I understand why.

------------------
Henning Antonsen
Emmons LeGrande III

Ted Nesbitt

Post by Ted Nesbitt »

CrowBear, you are doing a hell of a good job with this survey. I wish you well, and hope you achive your goal. There is 6 PV Nashville 1000 amps in Northern Ireland, and every owner is "Over The Moon" with them,including myself. They are the last word in Steel Guitar Amps,and I agree with you that Peavey have got it wrong this time,by not making them available. Best of luck and keep up the good work
Regards
Ted Nesbitt
Rainbow Music Northern Ireland
Hans Drissen

Post by Hans Drissen »

I have been thinking of buying a Nash 1000.
But I always perform on stage as well at home with a Peavy Session 400 and a Peavy
Bandit 112. (+ Emmons LeGrande) and I always
have a great sound. So, there is nothing to improve...for me that is!!
Is the sound of a Nash 1000 so much better ?
Hans
CrowBear Schmitt

Thanx a lot Ted Image
i've got 6 more Steelers interested in getting one.
that's 21. Still not enough to motivate PV ?
i'm going to inundate Mike Brown w: all the emails i have gotten; good + bad !
i'm takin' a break cause my kids are waitin' on St Nick.
i'll open a bottle of Sancerre thinkin' of you All.
Merry Christmas Image Image Image
Davie Holland

Post by Davie Holland »

Thanks for contacting me Crowbear! I was at Scotty`s PSG convention at St Louis this year and Peavey were one of the sponsors hence there were about 15 nashville 1000 on stage for the players to use! Also, nearly every stall had 1000s` to demonstrate their products! This speaks for itself! I immediatly emailed Peavey.com to inquire as to the availability of the amps for Europe ie 240V models. The problem is the digital power supply i was told! The power supplies rely directly on the input source and this can fluctuate (Spelling?) from between 218V to 249V in the Uk. This seemingly plays havoc with the PSU on the NAsh! I did think of getting a transformer but was advised against as this was not reliable, especially if you run from a power generator (IE if you are doing a gig in a Marquee or outside venue}
I would be one of the first to buy one if they were available here! I have the cash waiting as I sold my Vegas 400 to help with the cost! All I can say is that what I heard in St Louis was fantastic. So GIMME A NASH!!!!! SOOOOOON!
CrowBear Schmitt

got 4 more. makes 25
Steel ain't enough huh ???
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Crow - I would estimate that there are between 300 - 500 steel players (pedal and non pedal) currently gigging in Europe. Of these, the UK probably makes up around 150, and slightly more if you include bedroom players. You would then need to determine the number of players who are in the market to aquire a new amp. This number may not be enough to convince Peavey that there is a case for making the 1000 series adaptable for our mains supplies and national safety checks. I would be delighted if Peavey had a change of mind but somehow I very much doubt it. Keep up the good work.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Byng on 26 December 2002 at 05:31 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Byng on 26 December 2002 at 08:54 AM.]</p></FONT>
CrowBear Schmitt

Ken if there really are that many steelers as you say in Europa, could you get them to post here,or Write me and Mike Brown at PV
jean-marie@eezee.com
mbrown@peavey.com
Thanx for the support Ken Image
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

I did ask that CrowBear post his question to his fellow steelers and it is appreciated. I have started a e-mail distribution list and will continue to do so until July 2003 in hopes that I can get a good list of overseas players who would support this product.

Ken, I don't think that I have underestimated the number of players in overseas markets, but to learn about the future you have to use information from the past. I'll add your name to my list as well.

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 26 December 2002 at 08:29 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Thanks Mike. When the NV 1000 & 2000 amps first came out, I did give you information about the number of steel players in Europe. Obviously it is unknown precisely how many would be interested in buying a 1000 model, but I know several guys who live close to me who have been trying to track down second hand Nashville 400's, but they are becoming as rare as the proverbial rocking horse manure here in the UK. A Happy New Year to everybody<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Byng on 26 December 2002 at 08:56 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ken Byng on 26 December 2002 at 08:56 AM.]</p></FONT>
CrowBear Schmitt

2 more: makes 27
Steel ain't enough !!
CrowBear Schmitt

i've sent out about 160 emails to Steelers i have found through this Great Fo'....rum and Online Steelers of the World.
i want to thank you All for your replies.
31 had wrong email adresses and were undeliverable !!! i rechecked them and sent them again: no go !
i've gotten about 85 answers and 35 potential Nash 1000 buyers.
Out of those 35, when it comes time to put the $$$ where the mouths are, i guess there'll be about 20 left !!!
i don't expect Peavey to invest and Export for such a small market.
what beats me though is that Evans and Webb, who are small companies compared to Peavey are making their amps for Export and selling them !
i have had the pleasure of conversing w: a bunch real nice people from all over and i have gotten satisfaction of having tried to move this affair on up, but in the light of the results, i must say that's it's slim pickins Image
Unfortunately, i won't wait till July or August 2003 to know if Peavey is or is'nt going to Xport this amp, so i'm going to get one ASAP from the the Good Ol'US and i'll deal w: 110v and 50 cycle issue.
For those of you who missed out y'all can either email Mike Brown (he's on vacation till Jan.6) or post here.
Thanx to all of you and Happy New Year

Henning Kock

Post by Henning Kock »

30.dec.2002,
Hi Crowbear,
First excuse me for not answering sooner, I just saw your e-mail and this letter now.
Yes, I have written to and talked to Peavey
many times about making available again an amp for steel guitar in Europe.
I have 2 Nashville 400 and 2 Session 400, so I do not think of buying another one right now.
What I was thinking of was that any new and/or young player should be able to go to every musicshop here in Denmark to get an amplifier. As it is now you have to know an address overseas, have to pay in advance, have to buy a transformer of some kind, then have the stuff sent over by air freight, then pay 5 customs, then pay 25% sales tax.
You will never get new young players so send money out not knowing what to order.
Befor 4 years ago you could walk in any small or big music store here in Denmark (and I believe also the rest of Europe) to see and try many Peavey amps, guitars, basses, PA Systems etc, or at least order them from the shopkeapers catalog. This included the Session 400 Limited, which was for 220 Volts and sold just as easy as all the other stuff. A salesman and later a saleslady from Peavey, England drives around by car regularly and visitets all music shops to take up orders. Once a week big trucks comes over to continental Europe from England filled with Peavey products.
So if it to much trouble and too expensive to
have the Nashville 1000 changed by the Peavey research and develope department and make it certified for approval by CE-Europe, then.....................
just let us buy the one that was certified at approved for 220 Volts and sold in Europe with no problems 4 years ago:
!!!!!The Session 400 Limited!!!!!
This one can be reissued from the original drawings and do not cost extra money for Peaveys research and develop department og certifying and approving offices.
Kind regards.
Henning
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Henning Kock
(pedal steel guitar, piano, keyboards, vibraphone)
Henning K. Music
111 Aarhusvej
DK-8300 Odder
Denmark,
Europe
phone +45 8654 2959
--------------------------------------------
e-mail address: henningkmusic@hotmail.com
webpages:
pedal steel guitar: www.geocities.com/Nashville/1520 www.steelguitardanmark.subnet.dk (information)
piano & keyboard: www.sitecenter.dk/henning-kock www.danskmusik.com/dmfbook/selskab/html/henning_kock.html
and for musical instrument products wholesale (to dealers): www.henningkmusic.subnet.dk
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

------------------