My new band's new website!(MP3's!) :)

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Greg Vincent

My new band's new website!(MP3's!) :)

Post by Greg Vincent »

Hi folks,

I'd like to invite everyone to visit my new band's new website at http://www.theidahofalls.com

There are some MP3's you can hear if you click on the "music" portion of the site. We are an L.A.-based 'California country / pop' band that tries to feature the steel guitar prominently. All the members are twentysomethings except for me, the thirtysomething steeler. We're attempting to bring self-written country (well, "country flavored" at least Image ) music to a younger audience on the "indie rock" circuit out here. So far we have been nicely received and the kids seem to dig the steel, which makes me hopeful for the future of our instrument.

I'm no virtuoso steeler by a long shot, but I'd be interesed in getting some input on the music from some of you steelers out there. Two of the songs are recorded on Bobbe Seymour's old '76 Fender / Sho~Bud through a Twin Reverb, and the third one is a mic on a Dobro. Hope you enjoy! Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

-GV

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Greg Vincent on 18 July 2002 at 01:59 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Greg Vincent on 18 July 2002 at 02:06 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Greg Vincent on 18 July 2002 at 02:07 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Greg Vincent on 18 July 2002 at 02:09 PM.]</p></FONT>
Earl Foote

Post by Earl Foote »

I like hearing young bands playing music like this. Good job and great web site.
Bobby Bensley

Post by Bobby Bensley »

The site is coming together though I admit I was hoping the Bios had been added since they were not there on my last visit.

I left a review earlier in my thread though I am not a Steller myself. Just a lowly singer songwriter Image

I will have to catch a show from your band this fall. My schedule is booked up through August but I should have some free evenings to visit showd in Sept.

Peace,

------------------
Bobby Bensley -JavaMusic A&R

Greg Vincent

Post by Greg Vincent »

Thanks for listening Earl!

Bobby, hope to meet you at a show in the Fall.

-GV Image
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Greg, great job, thanks for sharing. It's good to hear a band putting the teel out front.
tp
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

You guys seem to have the same loose "folksy" sound and mixed harmonies that made the Flying Burrito Brothers so famous. That's the way Gram Parsons started. Keep up the good work! Image
Greg Vincent

Post by Greg Vincent »

Thanks for the kind words, Tony.

Yeah Donny we're big Gram fans. Hopefully the ghost of Gram is watching over us! Thanks for mentioning him in relation to our music.

-GV Image