Photos from May 12, 2002 Portland Steel Jam

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Al Gershen

Photos from May 12, 2002 Portland Steel Jam

Post by Al Gershen »

Hi SGF:

Here's a group shot of all the steelers and the house band at the "steel guitar jam" held in Canby, Oregon (outside of Portland) on Sunday, May 12, 2002.

I'm hoping that Doug Jones and Larry Behm can email me directly with the name of all these people so that I give them their proper identification.

I have about 60+ photos from the jam and I will be putting them in my photo website sometime this week.

Photos are nice but it would have even been "better" if someone had recorded the music from the entire event.

Have a good week. Image

------------------
Regards,
Al Gershen
Grants Pass, Oregon. USA
Fender 1000 (1956),
Fender PS 210 (1971) &
Gibson Electraharp EH-820 (1960)
Al's Photos at http://www.alsphotographs.com

RichardMcKinney

Post by RichardMcKinney »

Thanks again Larry and
Doug. What a blast.

------------------
Keep on Steelin
Carter 4/k 3/p Thanks Larry

Al Gershen

Post by Al Gershen »

Hi SGF:

I am finally posting my photos from the Canby Steel Guitar Jam this afternoon.

The URL to the album is:

http://communities.msn.com/AlsPhotographs/steelguitarjamincanbyor.msnw

Check back there often as it will take some time to get all the photos posted as my upload speed is very slow. Also, I have to put titles and descriptions on the photos and adjust their order within the album....so it's an ongoing project this afternoon.

Please if you can, tell the persons whose photos are displayed about this album so that they have an opportunity to see their photos. Thank you.

I hope that you enjoy the photos as much I as enjoyed taking them. Please post your feedback under this subject thread.

Have a nice Memorial Holiday weekend. Image

------------------
Regards,
Al Gershen
Grants Pass, Oregon. USA
Fender 1000 (1956),
Fender PS 210 (1971) &
Gibson Electraharp EH-820 (1960)
Al's Photos at http://www.alsphotographs.com

Al Gershen

Post by Al Gershen »

Hi SGF:

I've made some errors in the photo titles and the identification of some of the persons in the photos.

Please bear with me as I try to correct things.

If you have any feedback on this process, please email me directly at:

aldg@mail.rvi.net

Regards,
Al Gershen

Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

As is the case with most photos like these most of the players are "old guys". Yes Paul and Mitch that includes you also. Debbie was the youngster. We may be old but all together had maybe 400 years experience, wow. Thanks Al for the pic's.

Larry Behm
Pat Goodbla

Post by Pat Goodbla »

Why was Dale Granstrom only shown on drums? If he is a better drummer than steele guitar player, then he must be one heck of a drummer!!! Image=
Pat Goodbla

Post by Pat Goodbla »

Oops!!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Pat Goodbla on 31 May 2002 at 04:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
Pat Goodbla

Post by Pat Goodbla »

Sorry for the duplicate messages.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Pat Goodbla on 31 May 2002 at 04:00 PM.]</p></FONT>
Doug Jones

Post by Doug Jones »

Dale Granstrom was very smoothly playing his D-12 Carter that day. The drummer was Dennis Wall (sp?). - DJ -
Ray Montee

Post by Ray Montee »

Nice photo's.........you're one great guy to have driven so far and devoted so much time both at the event and now, by posting all those photo's to the Forum.
You newbies out there.........this is why being a contributing member to b0b's Forum is such a great experience. There is nothing but BENEFITS by participating in this Forum. Don't miss a single day!
Ray Montee

Post by Ray Montee »

In review........ AL, can't you do something with your webpage technique to make my likeness appear to be as slim as all the other guys pictured therein? I'm not really so wide as to take up two spaces in that photograph........am I? I'm really deseperate......and can't stand slim-fast!
John Bresler

Post by John Bresler »

Great photos, Al.

You all look a lot like the Denver Jam Steelers, except most of the Denver steeler's seem to play Mullen steels.

I just retired and my wife and I will be making our home in Medford probably sometime in July. We're both native Oregonians.

Pat Goodbla

Post by Pat Goodbla »

Hey, Skip. They say the camera adds 10 lbs. With me, it seems like 20. I do know the feeling. Haven't seen you for years. I am surprised that Keith Holter didn't make it to this affair.

I have been playing twin lead with Keith and Dave in "Longhorn", our little Western Swing combo that we took to Everett,WA and Sacramento,CA POWS last fall. But not since I moved down here for work. Great fun, and I miss it. Catch you on the chorus.

Bought a U-12 from Dean Rankin and am having fun, but it is a slow go. What a way to go. Going to the Denver Steel Jamb 6/9. Looking forward to it. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Pat Goodbla on 31 May 2002 at 04:18 PM.]</p></FONT>