Seymour Guitar ???

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jerry Wright

Seymour Guitar ???

Post by Jerry Wright »

Hey Bobbe--Why isn't there a Seymour brand Steel Guitar on the market? After seeing you work on them and take them apart and modify them.We all know that you have all the knowledge and know how.I would probaly be the first in line to get one.

------------------
www.secondgen.com

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Jerry, I have built many guitars over the years,Once with partners,didn't work out,and then, many in Norfolk Va. '65-67. Then Several more in Nashville scattered through out the years, '82- '99.Jerry Fessenden worked for me,and built several with me, along with Buck Reed,Pearly Curtis, Mike Daly,Buzz Swindler,Jeff Peterson, and the list goes on. Build More? Well, not for a while,I do have several Birdseye maple bodys built though. Check out my gospel CD to see what they sound like. That guitar was sold to the late Bill Sharp. We just lost him trajicly last week at 61 years old. A great player and a great person, we'll miss him forever.

Thanks for asking-Jerry,----------RKS
Latina

Post by Latina »

Bobbe:
Thank you for your kind words. I know Bill truly loved the Seymour we bought. He always commented on what a beautiful piece of work it was and what a joy it was to play. And you are right, he will be forever missed.

Mary<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Latina on 14 May 2002 at 07:31 PM.]</p></FONT>
John Lacey

Post by John Lacey »

Buzz Swindler? Is that a real name?
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Buzz Swindler, worked for and built Sho-Buds for several years. A very smart craftsman and a vert great , intelligent , funny guy. A good friend of Jerry Fessendens also.
Buzz plays steel and fiddle and lives in Savanna Ga.
Bobbe------(it is sort of a weird name)