The Best of Ray Price Venture,Att.B.Seymour

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Kritz

The Best of Ray Price Venture,Att.B.Seymour

Post by Steve Kritz »

Great One,talked to you on the phone a few weeks ago,informing you how much I enjoyed the Seymour/Day CD.Mentioned that your next venture should be a tribute to Ray Price.Have you given it anymore thought?I"m counting on the Forum to second my request.It's long over due.Help me out guys!
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Is Bobbe going to be singing all those old RP Hits ?? BE sings, JD sang; why not Bobbe ? I'll buy two copies, one for me and one for Frank. Frank said Bobbe can really do it !! Image Image Image

Regards, Paul Image Image
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

If this is what people want to hear me play, then this is what I'll record. I want to make the most folks happy. I have felt , in the past that a lot of the Price songs had been done to death, however, when I worked with him , we did a lot of his great older songs like , "Curtan in the Window","Driftwood on the River", "I'm Walkin'". Come to think of it , there might be a lot of songs that he recorded that haven't been over done. How 'bout some help guys, and I'll do them. I always liked, "Just for the Record" and actually recorded it once but the master accidently got erased before a safty could be made.
The original players on Rays sessions are still in town and very good friends of mine, they might get a kick out of doing a session like this! Hummmmmmmmmm, maybe so!
Thanks------
Bobbe
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

Bobbe, how can you do this album when you can't spell "Ray Price" yet? Image
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

You want me to spell or do you want me to play? You big dummy!
(Roy Pearce)
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Bobbe... FYI, Ray Price stuff can't be over-played. Do it and tell me when it's ready.
Roger
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

OK, I will,Name the songs 'yall want to hear done! It's time for a new CD anyway.
Bobbe
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

My $.02 worth..."I'll Be There " and "24th
Hour". Thank you Sir Robert of The Mours !!

Regards, Paul Image Image Image
Bill Fall

Post by Bill Fall »

Off the top of my head, Bobbe . . .

Here are some choice RP's I never hear anymore, & that I think would fit your new CD nicely: "Cold, Cold War With You," "This is the Lonesomest Lonesome," "She Was a Different Kind of Flower."
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

I think I'd like to hear "Please Talk to my Heart" the great tune of Country Johnny Mathis which Ray did a magnificent cover of and also "Are You Sure".

------------------
Have a good 'un! JH U-12

Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

City Lights, Invitation To The Blues, Don't You Ever Get Tired, Take Me As I Am, Touch My Heart, Pride, You Wouldn't Know Love, The Other Woman, For The Good Times, Night Life, Different Kind Of Flower, Are You Sure, You Took Her Off My Hands, Way To Survive, This Cold Cold War With You, I Just Destroyed The World.
There, I think I've just given you all you need to get started. Hurry up !!!
Roger<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Roger Crawford on 30 October 2001 at 03:19 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Roger Crawford on 30 October 2001 at 03:20 PM.]</p></FONT>
Leroy Riggs

Post by Leroy Riggs »

Yeah, especially "Do You Ever Get Tired of Hurting Me".

Tele

Post by Tele »

Sweet little Miss BlueEyes, Move on in and stay

Andy

------------------
1962 Sho~Bud D-10 : 1969 Emmons D-10 : Bigsby T-8: 1954 Gretsch DuoJet: 1955 Gretsch DuoJet:1957 Standel 25L15
about me
My steels

Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

I just destroyed the world
livin in" "let me talk to you" My.02. PS Who you got to do the Steel work? Image

------------------
CJC

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

"Don't you ever get tired of hurting me?" This song is on my Soulful Steel CD twice, Two diffrent versions. Are you sure you want it again? Seriously, you guys are making my song selection easy for this next album, Pig Robbins said he will come out of retirement to do this piano work. Now we'll have Bob Moore on bass,Leon Rhodes on tic tac, Buddy Harmon on drums,Ray Edington on rhy. guitar. Pete Wade said he'd do the lead guitar. Look what you forum guys have started! Another classic! Grady Martin says he can't do it for lodgistical reasons. (he ain't around)
This is in the planing stages now but everyone seems to be VERY exited about it. I wouldn't have done it without this proding from you guys.I worked foe Ray Price Four diffrent periods of time. All of these were with the late Blondie Calderone as band leader. It will be nice to have the "studio" Cherokee Coyboys back together for this session. You sure have made some great suggestions as to material!
Thanks again,
Bobbe Seymour
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Just got a call from one of these old studio greats, He suggested that we do this session with all 50's and 60's instruments and amps. Also, record it anolog, 2" 16 trk! What can I say! Steve, look what you've started! I told you they were exited! I'm even starting to look for the original engineers.Selby C.
Tommy Strong,etc. Guess I'll have to break out the old '66 Emmons and Fender Twin!
Country music the way it was, and should be!
slick

Post by slick »

Bobbe,
"Dont you ever get tired of hurting me" could never be overdone!!!Do it one more time,purdy pleeze.

Slick Wayne
Jack Strayhorn

Post by Jack Strayhorn »

Each Time, I'm Not Crazy Yet, I'd Fight the World, It Should be Easier Now, I'm Walkin Slow,
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Looks like this better be a 2 CD set! I wonder if Ray would write the liner notes for you ? Hmmmmm.....
Roger
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Hey Bobbe...I wouldn't object to a couple of Jack Strayhorn vocals on there either!!!
George Rozak

Post by George Rozak »

I don't think I've seen two of my favorites mentioned yet - "Soft Rain" * "The 24th Hour."
Henning Antonsen

Post by Henning Antonsen »

"Each Time" .. pleeeeeeease! Image

------------------
Henning Antonsen
Emmons LeGrande III

Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

George Rozak: Nice to see someone who agrees with me. Check my post back on 30 October.

I like Soft Rain too and neither of these has been over recorded. Thanks ! Image Image Image

Regards, Paul
Tele

Post by Tele »

wow, these are very positive news. And I really like the idea about the all-vintage setup. Bobbe here's my pre-order !!! I'll buy at least 3 copies.

Andy
ArtPalazzini

Post by ArtPalazzini »

April`s Fool would be my choice but with the vocal portion added. Can`t wait for this one to come out. Hi Bobbe, the Emmons that I recently got from you is great. Art and Keepin` It Country.