tape to CD using my computer

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Ward Wilsey

tape to CD using my computer

Post by Ward Wilsey »

I've got some great instructional material I've just bought, but only with a cassette tape as oppossed to a CD. I'd like to transform them into CD's using my computer and want to know the best way to go about this. Thanks, Ward
Leon Grizzard

Post by Leon Grizzard »

Look at ripvinyl.com. It is a download that costs about $8.00. You go from your stereo, either on the back, or with the headphone jack, into the input on the sound card on the back of the computer. Ripvinyl gives you a little meter to set the input level (I run it through a little Berringer mixer to make it easier), and is set up to recognize the silence between the cuts and start a new sound file for each one.
Ward Wilsey

Post by Ward Wilsey »

Perfect, Thanks Leon
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Ward,
I've been using ripvinyl for what you want and it works great.
From the install pkg.
============================================
you can order online for the lower
charge of US $7, (approximately £5) charged to
your credit card by using our website at http://www.ripvinyl.com/orderinfo.htm, but you
do not receive a disk via this method.
============================================

------------------
Bill Ford
Doug Seymour

Post by Doug Seymour »

Just saw this post yesterday, downloaded it & today made a couple of CDs made @ Xmas 1991
w/Bobbe's Dad on piano & one w/ the late Roy Gage (vocals & bass)Verne Johnson (vocals & rhythym guitar) & yours truly on my old keyless ZUM we did back @ Xmas of 1996. I like the VU meter better than polderbits. I'm not much of an engineer, so simple is better for me! Nice price!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 20 December 2003 at 06:06 PM.]</p></FONT>
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

Golly, I haven't thought of Verne Johnson in years Doug. Is he still kickin? I'd have to say he was one of my insperations to pick up the guitar. I can still see him with that big hook nose peering over the stage railing and looking down the ladies dresses at the old Busti fire hall. All in fun of course.

He had a singer/rythum player (Leo?), an accordian player and maybe the late Joe Vario on base. I knew Joe the best and mouse Gage a little bit. Say hello to Phil Griffen for me, he was the guy who got me playing psg.

Ken
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Ward,and other rip users,
You also can record anything you can hear on your computer.

Bill