Only 4 players left w/out TT pickups who are you

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Behm

Only 4 players left w/out TT pickups who are you

Post by Larry Behm »

Every player on the planet seems to have Jerry's pickups in there guitar. There are only 4 left without them, please come clean and tell us who you are and how soon before you get yours.

Larry Behm
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Larry,
My '78 Sho-Bud is now undergoing a total restoration. I had Jeff to send it's original Sho-Bud pickup to Jerry to be re-wound. It's back & has been installed in the guitar. I've already got to try it out and it sounds fabulous! I guess it could now qualify as having a True-Tone. I can't wait for Jeff to get his magic finishing touches done to the ole BUD. Not only is it gonna sound brand new, it's gonna look brand new.
Also I have a new ZumSteel SD-10 loafer on order, I plan to have Bruce put a Jerry Wallace True-Tone pick-up in it as well.

Nick
Richard Tipple

Post by Richard Tipple »

Well it aint me Image

------------------
My Home Page

Budd Kelley

Post by Budd Kelley »

I am leaving my Carter Starter stock, to keep the collectors value up. After I pay off the mortgage (in 33 more payments,) I am going to by a pro model quitar and customize it with True Tones!

------------------
Carter-Starter, the cutest little Peavey you ever saw, and now a BJS bar!

Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

I was gonna order them but bought a new lawnmower instead.

sorry..

t

Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I confess, I'm one of them. I've had two or three and let them get away with guitars I sold.

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording

George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

I was the 5th one. I just got mine yesterday and will be installing it tonight. That is why the number dropped to 4.
Steve Stallings

Post by Steve Stallings »

Well,
I have them in my MSA SS Classic and like them. I don't have them in my Legrande II however. I have the BL710s in it and really like them as well. I guess I kind of qualify.

------------------
God Bless,
Steve Stallings

Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Tony you should have bought a goat instead of a lawnmover then you could get milk and the lawn moved and the TT's also.

Larry
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

I have stock Emmons single coils in my PP's and Lawrence 910's in my Franklin. I don't see any reason to go with TT's although I'm sure the are fine pickups. If the hum costs me a gig with the stock Emmons pickups and I get upset about it I'll put Lawrence pickups in.

Bob
Anders Brundell

Post by Anders Brundell »

I'll get my 14 string TT pu next week, and I do hope that it'll cure my Sierra's flu. I hope TT will give a real Fender-like twang, actually. Not that the Sierra sounds bad, but a bit too nasal for my taste.
Or I might have fallen victim of the "grass is always greener on the other side-syndrome".
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

Well, I put a TT on my S12 Emmons p/p to replace the stock single coil Emmons pickup from the '80s. Frankly, I noticed very little difference, but that may be the one pickup in the world that is about as good as a TT single-coil. I got a TT on a '96 Zum uni I just acquired, but I want a quiet and mellow humbucker on there, so I am going to try a BL-912. I guess Bob Hoffnar and I have similar tastes in pickups. Image
Cairo Zoots
Location: Moville, Iowa ,next to the west fork of the Little Sioux River

Post by Cairo Zoots »

I'd like to get a set for my SB Super~Pro,but have been holdin off till I can afford it. (I just hate spendin when there aint nuthin comin in...no matter what Pres.Bush says)

------------------
ree-00-dee-doo

Gene H. Brown

Post by Gene H. Brown »

Hey Larry,
When you said Pickups, I thought you meant Trucks, so I went out and bought two brand new ones, I thought the TT stood for Toyota Truck, dang that cost me some bucks!
Hey Larry, hope you're doing well in my old home town.
Gene

------------------
If You Keep Pickin That Thing, It'll Never Heal!
;)

Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

I have two new 17.5 k ohm TTs on the way for my 1983 Emmons Push Pull, so it isn't me either.

------------------
Bob "Wiz" Feinberg
AIM Screenname: Wizcrafts
1983 Rosewood Emmons D10 Push-Pull, with 8 pedals and 9 knee levers, George L E66 pickups and aluminum necks. Nashville 400 amp with Peavey Mod. Emmons pedalbar mounted and Goodrich LDR volume pedals.
I use and endorse Jagwire Strings and accessories.

Keep Steelin' but don't get caught!

Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

I ordered a Carter U-12 with a T.T. pickup, while at the Dallas show. I sure hope they are as good as I am hearing on the Forum!
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

No, I haven't tried Jerry's pickups yet, but I always thought those humbucking designs were over-rated. I played almost 40 years with all manner of single-coils, and never had a hum problem. (Yeah, I had a little hum sometimes, but I didn't think it was a problem...still don't.)

When I bought my new guitar about a year ago, I also got three of the most popular humbucking design pickups to go with it. I figured the way so many players raved about them, I might have been missing something for all those years.

Nope!

A single-coil and an old pot-pedal still "does it" for me! What sounded great in 1966 <u>still</u> does, and I'm glad I didn't waste my money buying different pickups over all those years like so many other players did. Other than going from single-coils to humbucking (or vice-versa), I still contend that a pickup change is one of the most <u>insignificant</u> changes you can make. A single number change on the "mids" will do far more.

That's my opinion...I'm sure most folks is different. Image
Jackie Anderson

Post by Jackie Anderson »

<SMALL>What sounded great in 1966 still does...</SMALL>
Amen! I am not going to change out my Fender pickups.

However, what sounds good now ... sounds good. I have one Sho-Bud that sounds better with TT. I have a couple more Sho-Bud pickups I just can't decide whether to ask Jerry to rewind, or replace. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jack Anderson on 02 April 2004 at 06:04 PM.]</p></FONT>
Randy Beavers

Post by Randy Beavers »

Hey Larry, only 3 left now without them. I talked to Lloyd the other day and he's making the switch.
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

I use XR-16s on my Carters. I record a lot and perfer the quietness of dual coils. I tried TTs, they're not for me.

I do have the original single coils on my old Emmons.
Sounds great but it has a bit too much hum for recording projects.

The forest would be a dull place if all the birds sounded alike.
Del Rangel

Post by Del Rangel »

I finally got around to installing mine--20.5k--on my GFI Ultra U-12. I have to say that I like it a lot. Sounds really good through the Peavey Classic 100 tube head I use. Nice warm tube sound with great clarity of separation. I have almost no noise with it at all--which surprised me! Jerry makes a great product. Now all I need is a Weber Cali 15" and I'll be set.
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Well, I just got my TT 19.5 K installed on my Emmons-12 PP last night. As someone else said, I don't notice a big difference between it and my stock Emmons pickup. I will say though, it seems to be a little smoother sounding on the high end. On other guitars, I can imagine that it might make a huge difference. It is a great pickup for sure and well made and I certainly would recommend it.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by George Kimery on 03 April 2004 at 06:01 AM.]</p></FONT>
David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

Well I am half a player... or 2/3rds.
I have a TT only on C6 at the moment,
but I play more C6 so that balances out.
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

For those of you that have not heard a difference, do you play out or just at home. I put one in the C neck and compared it to the old pickup in the E neck. I heard the difference at home but when I went to the gig with the band it really was the true test. Clean, smooth, quiet, great string separation. Worth every penny and more to me

Larry Behm
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

Larry,

What kind of guitar and what was on there before?

thx

bob