Peterson V-SAM Virtual Strobe Tuner

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

I just got my V-SAM and it is a good tuner. However, I do disagree with the posts that it is dead-on for the E9th tuning only because we all seem to tune differently and the characteristics of each guitar are different- especially when it comes to the dreaded and lowly "cabinet drop" issue as each of our guitars has a bit different drop. If one tunes the guitar to itself the problem is I have 4 guitars and they all have different amounts of drop. I tune the 6th string B pedal A note to 440 then the 4th string E to it (usually ending up a bit sharp)and then back to the 6th string open (then obviously have to retune the A back to 440) then everything else to this using TMPR (no beats). What this takes into consideration is cabinet drop and all of my guitars are different in this respect hence one setting will not work for each instrument. As a result of this I plan to use the 2 programmable settings to help eliminate the problem. The main caviot to this is that it all goes out the window when playing with a keyboard when tuning pretty much straight up makes the band sound better.
Ken Prutzman

Post by Ken Prutzman »

I have been using mine for about a week now. It is easy to use and works great!

Kenny
Sam Minnitti

Post by Sam Minnitti »

Are you guys using the C6 presets?

I usually tune C6 JST, but am giving the C6 presets a try. C at +10 seems a little out to me, especially for string 3.

The E9 settings sound right in the pocket and are pretty close to what I was already using.

Thanks

------------------
www.samminnitti.com

Wolfgang Bednarz

Post by Wolfgang Bednarz »

I use the E9th & C6th Settings and there
work both very good.
Not a problem at all.
I`m in tune with the Band C6th or E9th.
A great tool.