Best Live Club Webcams

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Mark Vinbury

Best Live Club Webcams

Post by Mark Vinbury »

Here is one I like.
http://www.hogsbreath.com/hogcam/stagecam.cfm

They have live music almost every afternoon and night with a cam on the stage.
Bands are usually a bit rough and appear to play for tips.
A bunch of chickens seem to be always pecking around.
Was quite "interesting" during Halloween Fantasy Festival (if your not familiar with Fantasy Festival here is a --"not for the kiddies"-- link)(very cool 650 bikes too)
http://www.650motorcycles.com/2006FantasyFestival1.html

Anyone got any others<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Mark Vinbury on 17 November 2006 at 10:07 AM.]</p></FONT><div style="display:none"><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bobby Lee on 18 November 2006 at 07:47 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

Cool! Image Nice feed! Clear as a bell.
I used to watch hurricane cams. Boring compared to this..
Thanks Mark!
Google: "Stage Cam"
A few of them out there. More on the way, I'd wager.

Rick
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

Bingo! Found a few here... http://www.beer100.com/webcams.htm
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

You know what's funny... for all those years I and the guys in the band(s) all griped and made jokes about some of the boozepits we played, this is actually nice to see after not being in any for some years. Right now someone's setting up on stage.... is that a toilet??? Geez, don't even have to run to the bathroom anymore... Image .... I thought I was pretty internet-savvy but I never knew there were stage-cams.... thanks for posting this.... it's nice to see and hear some of home... my old home anyway... from here.
Mark Vinbury

Post by Mark Vinbury »

Nice work Rick.
Now I can hit all the hot spots.I can be at 4 places at once if I want. I can bar hop in my PJs while I put the kids to bed. Not to mention the beer is wicked cheap.

I'm not sure if these things are good for a business or not.
I wonder what they cost? It occured to me it might be fun to have a mobil live feed linked to our bands website for nites we have a gig.
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

Yer quite welcome.. hehehehe Thank the flu bvug I got.. nothing better to do at the moment. This is fun. Image I tended bar for 20+ years in bars like these. Makes me actually miss it! Yeah, I know.. I have no life. Image Image
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

Here's another one I just found:
http://www.sloppyjoes.com/sloppycam/streamcam.htm

* Oops, it was in the list above and I didn't see it.... oh well. <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jim Phelps on 17 November 2006 at 09:48 AM.]</p></FONT>
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

I watched Sloppy Joe's last night.. noisy hip-hop made me go right back to the Hog's Breath. At least THEY were playing music.
I'm surprised at the quality of the mic'd feeds. Nice.
Mark, the equipment involved couldn't be that expensive. I think all you need is a quick internet connection at the club and a decent Web-CAM w/mic.
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

..diggin' this pianerman at HB.. he's well seasoned.
Mark Vinbury

Post by Mark Vinbury »

I love the piano on big casters .That is not a house piano He must roll it (drive it) around from gig to gig.
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

Mark, answering your previous question.. this CANNOT be BAD for business. I wanna get on a plane and go down there and party with these folks! I can't be the only "lifeless" one to say those words. Image
I got the stereo cranked a little, sounds like a lively saloon right here at home. Image 1/2 doz. oysters, PLEASE ma'am? Sure, I'll have another beer! Put it on my tab.. Image
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

no doubt, he's got that piano on a dolly. Bet his gig route is fun. Image
Mark Vinbury

Post by Mark Vinbury »

The quality of the music seems better at this one but it's too dark and the camera doesn't show the band. We need to eMail them and get the lights turned on. http://www.schoonerwharf.com/webcam.htm
Rick Summers

Post by Rick Summers »

Looks like Schooner Wharf would be a fun bar, though.. I'll send 'em a note if you will, Mark.. I want to see their stage. Image
The players at Hog's sure are loose. You were right when you called them "rough". hehehe
They sure got a lot of different bands coming through.. have to check out the rest in time.

Outa here.. for a while.. gonna have a cold one up the street. It's Beer'30 by my clock. Image