Carrie Underwood

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

John Parker

Carrie Underwood

Post by John Parker »

Last night I watched the rereun of GOO and Carrie Underwood sang "Stand By Your Man" as a tribute to Tammy Wynette. I was suprised and impressed at how good of a job she did on that song. I hope she keeps doing traditional country music because she sure demonstrated that she is capable of it.

------------------
John Parker
Zumsteel SD10 3x5
Peavey Session 400
Fender Steel King

Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

Yes, she seems much better than Kellie Pckler, who stumped the band (and herself IMO) last night with "Walkin' After Midnight".
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

Carrie's got the goods.
Sidney Malone

Post by Sidney Malone »

I was impressed with Carrie as well.....which is getting harder & harder to do it seems. She actually seemed to have some "class" which is unusual these days.

Hopefully she didn't sign one of those 20yr, "no artistic freedom", "shut up and do what your told" contracts, with the Nashville music machine!

She certianly has the talent, I guess time will tell if she gets to use it. I certianly hope so!
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I watched the GOO rerun Sunday night. She did OK on the one song but on her own song I couldn't understand the words and it sounded just like all the other current Nashville "non traditional" stuff.

I did like Lorrie Morgan's outfit better Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jack Stoner on 23 March 2006 at 05:24 AM.]</p></FONT>
Charlie Campney

Post by Charlie Campney »

Laurie would look good in any outfit ! ! !